1,781 results
All reviewsstudio roomocean view studiowater parkfull kitchenroyal towersstove topmeal plancove guestssmall kitchenordered groceriesmarina villagelazy rivercascades poolgrocery storeprivate beachfamily vacationpots and pans
Reviewed August 7, 2018 via mobile

Our family vacation was simply awesome! Lots of activities and pools suitable for kids. The acquarium is the best we have ever seen - built with lots of care for the fish and made to be as natural as possible. Beautiful beach right in front of the hotel which is excellent for kids.
The dolphin experience was incredible although a little bit overpriced.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank EkaterinaMihajlovic

Dear EkaterinaMihajlovic,

Thank you for staying at The Reef. We are glad that you enjoyed your vacation and thank you for your feedback. We hope to see you back in Paradise soon!

Reviewed August 4, 2018 via mobile

Wonderful holiday at the Reef
I stayed late July early August. I did get some rain and thunderstorms, but it soon passes.
I knew this before I went, but....
The food at any Atlantis restaurant’s i found to be very expensive. However there was adequate cooking facilities within my room using the Kitchenette (2 hobs, microwave, toaster and small 3 shelf fridge). Should you wish to bring your own food or leave Paradise Island and head to the market. It will cost a taxi fare (prices vary) and the $2 toll to cross the bridge back to the island. Unless you want to walk?

Starbucks

Only Starbucks located within The Reef. No bar or evening restaurants within the Reef, which (I agree with a review left) it needs for an identity. Room service and minibars won’t leave you hungry though. Mainly I used lounges and restaurants located in “The Cove” which literally is a Stone’s throw away.

Lunch

Going away with just my 11 year old Son. We mostly ate at the many pool cafe’s for lunch. The prices vary a lot across the complex for similar food. $16 for burger, fries & soda was the cheapest I could find. Though you do have to queue. (Take note Atlantis! Most luxury resorts, even for Lunch will come to serve you)!!!

Water Park

We found the water slides and the rapid river very entertaining. I was concerned about reviews I read that it was dangerous or no air tubes available for rides. I found this not to be the case. And was happy to let my 11 year old entertain himself on the water rides and meeting up later on. If I had taken a partner I would of been happy to let my reasonably responsible 11 year old out on his own within the Atlantis complex while i was doing own thing. I felt my Son was safe after my own risk assessment and with numerous life guards around. Though I do understand people have been seriously injured in the past. I felt on my own experience you had to be extremely unlucky to be flipped let alone cause an injury on a “tube”.

Restaurants

As a I read numerous reviews about booking tables at restaurants on the Paradise Island complex. I turned up on the night to find restaurants on the very busy Marina are fully booked for the night. You will always find food, but if you want to go eat at a specific restaurant, you may have to book in advance. I assume the meal plan restaurants were the ones with a long queue’s to get in? i.e. Poseidon’s Table @ The Royal.
I was not offered or indeed wanted a meal plan on my arrival. The quality restaurants located within the cove would always be able to accommodate my party. But this comes at a more exuberant cost.

Jet ski

I used the jet skis located on the beach near the Royal. Nothing to do with Atlantis. But no problems there. Prices vary. I payed $120 for 1 hour with my Son. As previous reviews mention. Agree a time of return
otherwise they will call you in 10 mins early.

The Lane Pool

which I used everyday is (I think) a 25 meter pool consisting of 4 lanes. I had my own lane in each of my daily visits.

Dolphin Cay

The experience of Dolphin Cay was great. Photo prices for all digital was $177 more if you wanted real photos but they do cheaper packages if you only want to buy 6 photos.

The Royal v The Reef

All in all I enjoyed a quieter experience of the Reef despite the expense. I was originally going to stay at the Royal but was put off by negative reviews about its age and condition. However I could not fault the grandness of “The Royal” around the ground floor level.

Bar Hyatt

My friend recently stayed at the Bar Hyatt which she did recommend to me. But I felt I made the right choice staying on Paradise Island for the water park. @ a cost of $136 per person per day, myself and my 11 year old did enjoy popping down to the water park whenever we fancied upto the closing time of 7pm

Stuart’s Cove

I tried a Snuba Dive. Basically you have a scuba experience upto 25 feet deep. Your air for four people is located on a small raft on the surface. Thus you do not need scuba certification. My 11 year really enjoyed the experience. Although there wasn’t much fish around. But they can’t have a lot of activity (many fish that might attract sharks) when the guide has four inexperienced divers to look after.
My Son who doesn’t like snorkelling, now wants me to look into Scuba diving for him. So.... that tells it’s own story.

Junkanoo

Watch out for Junkanoo. An extremely musically entertaining carnival. Hang around if you find out where it’s landing!!

The Beach (not the hotel) the sand kind.

It’s quiet. No much waves and warm. Some days the water is crystal clear. Very safe for young children.
If your thinking about going?
Do it!

8  Thank 1oose

Dear 1oose,

Reviewed August 1, 2018

This was our first visit as a family to the Bahamas. We were there for a seven days the second week of May 2018. We stayed in a one bedroom suite overlooking the pool and the ocean. While we have not stayed at any of the other Atlantis properties the location, beach and room were ideal. The location is far enough away from the center of the crowds to feel secluded, but close enough to walk or shuttle as needed. The full kitchen and dining room were a must have. We spent most of our time on Paradise Beach.

As for the water park the kids loved the river ride (The Current/Rapids?) which we did several times each day, but they were less interested in the rest of the rides for some reason. Fish was by far the best restaurant on the property for food and service and Sea Glass was the bar we visited the most. We had some less than stellar experiences at the buffet restaurant and at Olives. The Marina Pizzeria was surprisingly good.

If we were going to visit without the kids we probably wouldn't stay at Atlantis, but if we did we would stay at The Cove.

Quick tip: Book an all day or half day private boat trip while you are there. This has nothing to do with The Atlantis, but we did a half day tour with just the family to several private islands including snorkeling with sea turtles which was an outstanding experience.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
4  Thank Robert W

Dear Robert W,

Reviewed August 1, 2018 via mobile

We had a fantastic time! We got a complementary upgrade. The room was on the 5th floor harborview. The view was great. We could see the harbor and the ocean. The room was beautiful. Service was great anytime we needed something they brought it right away. The hotel staff was so friendly. The beach was beautiful and the pool area was great! Food was outstanding although very expensive. Aquadventure is the coolest waterpark I’ve ever seen. The scenery at the Atlantis is beautiful! The only thing is that the quick service restaurants like Cascades closed at 5. So you had to take the shuttle to eat or go to the Cove. It would be nice if Cascades would have stayed open longer or had more eating options at the Reef. It was hard to find a drink at night. We had to use the minibar in our room. Not a deal breaker.
We did the shallow water interaction at dolphin cay. It was fun but super expensive. I don’t think we got our money’s worth .They charge $95 for pictures on top of it. It was a good experience but won’t do it again.
Overall our vacation at The Reef was amazing. We loved it and can’t wait to go back again.

4  Thank Paradise593597

Reviewed July 29, 2018 via mobile

We recently stayed at The Reef and loved it! Our room overlooked the ocean and the cruise docks. It was so nice waking up each morning and seeing the cruise ships on one side and the beautiful beach on the other. The room was spacious and clean and the beds were comfortable. I have no complaints. Compared to the room we had at The Royal, this one was so much better and bigger!! The beach area is beautiful and less crowded than the area at The Royal. We didn’t see any water sport rentals on the area, so we had to go to the beach by The Royal for that. I would definitely look into The Reef again next time we visit Atlantis.

3  Thank Saalaler C