Firstly all of the staff are great here but you will need transport to get anywhere.
Hired a car for USD $50 a day so factor that in to the cost.
Booked 8 nights but ended up leaving after 6.
USD $73 a night and I booked this solely on price - the cheapest by far I could find.
For USD $73 a night (including all taxes) you get:
Spacious but average and dated room with large relatively comfortable bed.
2 chairs and a table.
TV that I didn't use but the people in the room next door did till 3am one night and i could hear it very clearly - soundproofing of connecting door is poor so maybe ask to be situated away from others.
Smallish bathroom with time to replace shower nozzle that gives poor spray of water.
Air conditioning - hot and cold.
Mini Fridge but no kettle. That and a toaster would be very handy in room to help overcome location issue. And maybe at least one set of cutlery / plates etc.
The nearest supermarket / fast food place is a 15 minute walk away
Port L restaurants are a 13 minute drive away or USD $32 return taxi
Transport is absolutely needed to get anywhere - hotel can arrange car at USD $50 per day (so allow USD $123 per night)
Reception closes at 8pm and opens at 8am.
The wifi was either very good or very poor and was main reason for leaving early.
Hire a car, bring a lot of books and stock up on something for breakfast (but BYO spoons and bowls etc)
If you are on a budget, don't mind the travel and are looking for somewhere quiet then this may work for you but it is comfortable budget as opposed to all the bells and whistles.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy your Bahamas vacation in one of our 31 Caribbean-style furnished, fully equipped rooms or our Admiral Suite! Relax at our fresh-water pool and THE CORAL REEF Sports Bar and Cafe! All guests can enjoy complimentary use of the resorts Bicycles, snorkel gear, Kayaks, & Fishing gear as well as free Wi-Fi (wireless internet connection), ping-pong and billiards. Enjoy your Bahamas island experience by booking a dive or fishing trip, play golf or visit the nearby Casino, located only 10 minutes away. Freeport, Grand Bahama is a great place to start your trip! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Travelocity.ca so you can book your Sunrise Resort & Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunrise Resort & Marina Hotel Freeport
- Sunrise Resort And Marina
- Sunrise Resort & Marina Bahamas/Freeport