All reviewsday passinfinity poolfantastic poolgrand lucayan resortparadise cruisefried chickenlighthouse pointcheck in was smoothbar and grillnight cruiseacross the streetcruise portwaves barall inclusive packageclosed downdolphin encounterstraw market
Reviewed October 4, 2017

So, my review may be a little different then the average, because we did not stay at the resort. We purchased a day pass for this resort while visiting on a cruise! I had a hard time finding reviews for the day pass, so I just thought this may help!

We took Carnival Ecstasy out of Charleston, SC and our 2nd stop was Freeport Bahamas. We were looking for something a little easy on the budget but still the best bang for our buck! And boy was this the right call! I don't think people really know too much about this hidden gem... at least not Day Pass wise! Reading the reviews for this resort made me hesitant because they were not great.... but again most of the complaints were about the rooms and the rooms did not interest me. What pictures I did find were beautiful and so we went for it. We booked the day pass through Shore Excursioneer. It was $25 for adults and $13 for kids. We took a shared taxi from the port which was $10 round trip per person. They give you a ticket to hold on to and that's how you get back. (you pay the whole $10 up front) They will drop you off across the street from the Lighthouse Pointe Resort at the Grand Lucayan Market and their is a taxi stand there.. They pick up every 30 minutes. Check in was a breeze. Paid the remainder of our bill and got wristbands. (they ended up letting my 4 year old in for free) Bring your own towel or you can rent one for $3 I believe. We also brought a small cooler with softdrinks and a couple of snacks. Shore Excursioneer said not to bring outside food or beverage, but we thought we'd give it a shot anyhow and nobody had a problem with it.

The property was beautiful! Their infinity pool is HUMONGOUS!! and it is breathtakingly beautiful!! The ocean was just like in the photos, and it was very clean! They had a bar and grill. The food smelled delicious, but we had a big breakfast on the boat and didn't really get hungry until returning... but I did order some drinks and they were good. A little on the small side for the price, but good. $9.00 for a pina colada. There was a very Large Jacuzzi that was just the right temperature for the Bahamas! Also, they had water sports equipment to rent, snorkeling gear, paddle boards, kayaks, sailing, jet skis, and boat rides. There was also a really beautiful Gazebo that they used for special events and weddings. It was all just lovely.

If you are looking for a place to relax and enjoy the beach and a fantastic pool, this is the spot. You can't beat the price. We paid 3 times this amount per person to visit the Hilton in Nassau and it was horrible. The beach was tiny and it was filthy.... So this place was a breath of fresh air when we arrived. We very much enjoyed ourselves. The people were friendly and it wasn't crowded at all. In fact hardly anybody I spoke to in the taxis and on the boat had even heard about this place. Which is really surprising. There are not a lot of options in Freeport. And this is by far one of the best things to do there! They just need to advertise a little more. If we come back to Freeport we will definitely be returning!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
18  Thank Brean R
Reviewed September 23, 2017

While the island was simply beautiful at the resort, the rest of the island was very poor and rundown. The resort was beautiful but not much to do there. The restaurant for all inclusive offered much of the same each day with few changes. Most restaurants were closed due to hurricane damage. The infinity pool was amazing. Hotel staff was friendly enough but lobby desk help wasn't very friendly. Shopping right across the street within walking distance from resort. We did the 4 night cruise and stay package.

Room Tip: Be sure to confirm your room as I booked a king sea view but didn't get it.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tjsack
Reviewed September 6, 2017

The place was beautiful, everything was clean, great location staff was great. First time to bahamas and it couldn't have been better can't wait to return. There is not a bad thing I could say about this place.

Stayed: July 2017
3  Thank pet317
Reviewed September 6, 2017

As only Lighthouse part of Grand Lucayan Resort is opened now, it promises very quite vacation. We have visited on the week when US school year is started and it seemed that less than 100 guests were in the resort. Amazing beach and pool, almost private. Daily entertainment was good, evening not for families with kids, but very good for couples: live music in the restaurant, movie night twice a week. I've seen people were complaining about food choice, which I personally do not agree with. Yes, there are not a lot of choice, but it is high quality always fresh food, not "Chinese buffet" like. There are always 3-4 main dishes ( chicken, conch, lamb, beef, pork), 3-4 side dishes (always with steamed veggies), 3 ready salads + salad bar and desert bar. Pizzeria is good idea, pizza is delicious. Aroma cafe is like everywhere in Canada/US.
My only concern is about room cleaning service, which was stopped after 3 days of our arrival. We had to contact service desk to get our room to be cleaned, while twice, only towels have been changed.
And of course 5 stars for the hotel stuff .

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Genya B
Reviewed September 4, 2017 via mobile

Researched day passes for Freeport and this resort seemed to be the only one with lots of shade and umbrellas. Easy and cheap to get here in a group shuttle from the cruise port ($10 pp round trip). Tell the driver you are going to the marketplace to get that rate, it is about a block away. Friendly staff (cash only to pay for pass), strong and delicious drinks. There was hardly anyone there, we basically had the beautiful beach to ourselves and had a large umbrella. The beach and water had seaweed, but didn't really bother me and it didn't stick to you when you went in the water. Beautiful colors, of course! Cute, comfy sitting area by the bar/grill. Bring your own towels or be prepared to put a refundable deposit of $20 per towel, btw. Comfortable loungers, some vendors in the beach but not too bad. Their infinity pool was large and beautiful and stretched in a large half circle. Most people stayed at the pool. We loved the quiet at the beach. The pool had a DJ and he was fun. We absolutely loved being there for a day. Bathrooms were a bit rundown, but the view and no crowds made up for it! Would highly recommend, and we are considering returning for a stay. Food was good, I had a good salad and quesadilla, my husband had fried chicken which he said was good. Would love to return. Allow about 30-45 minutes to walk to marketplace and wait for and travel back to your ship by shuttle taxi.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple