5,196 results
All reviews viva cafe animation staff nightly shows lasagna nachos star resort dance lessons kids club a la carte restaurants ping pong water shoes paddle boards either direction negative reviews banana bay plenty of chairs a lot of fun
Reviewed July 11, 2018 via mobile

We had a great time at the viva.. i think it’s all what u make of it!! You could find little things to complain about but being in paradise erases all that stuff in my book!slow wi-fi.. who cares your on an island in the middle of the ocean not New York City!! ! My husband myself and my 10yr old twins had a great time and found enough activities for everyone to enjoy!! They really try hard to keep your involved and entertained!! They really went all out for the Fourth of July too which was a pleasant surprise!!
The front staff, bartenders, waiters and activities staff were all very pleasant and nice!! I read some bad reviews and was a little anxious going into the trip but for the price and location my family would go back!
Julie, PA-USA

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank JuliaZambellM9
VivaWFortuna, General Manager at Viva Wyndham Fortuna Beach - An All-Inclusive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2018

Dear Guest,

We appreciate your valuable feedback about the stay you had at our property.

It is really rewarding to read your positive comments and we are glad to know that your stay at Viva Wyndham Fortuna Beach was enjoyable.

Thank you for choosing our resort and for recommending us on TripAdvisor.

Reviewed July 10, 2018

Horrible experience. They rooms are old and in need of repair. The beach is full of cigarette butts. There is no wait staff at pool or at the beach. If you want a drink you have to stand in long lines to drink cheap booze. Fly's all around the buffet and around the the bar area by the beach. Very unsanitary! The staff is rude a could care less. This is no way a 3 Start resort. I have stayed at cleaner road side motels. Keep your money and go elsewhere.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank Robert J
VivaWFortuna, General Manager at Viva Wyndham Fortuna Beach - An All-Inclusive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2018

Dear customer,

Thank you for sharing your comments with us on your recent family vacation at Viva Wyndham Fortuna Beach

We can assure you that all of our clients’ opinions are very important to us as it is the most reliable source of information to improve our services and facilities, however do not consider your review corresponds to our hotel reality, our hotel has a staff designated only for a the common areas and beach section, we are sorry if do not count as well with the collaboration of some clients in order to keep a cleaner surrounding.

Our beach snack is right by the pool area, where we have a staff to assist our clients, our hotel does not have pool wait staff.

We are sorry for your impression on staff, we assure you our main goal and policy is the provide our clients with a happy stay in a very family friendly atmosphere

We are sorry that our services did not meet your expectations

Once more thank you for having visited our Viva Wyndham Fortuna Beach resort.

Reviewed July 10, 2018

A beautiful beach, friendly staff, and plentiful refreshments what more could you ask for? I'd say nothing much, but the resort has a lot more to offer. My kids loved the free kayak rentals and will probably insist on kayaks at every future vacation. For divers like us, having an on-site dive shop is a huge plus. My son was in heaven with the all-inclusive buffets (both the snack bar on the beach and the indoor restaurant). My daughter enjoyed the smart TV during her daily afternoon siesta. At the end of our trip we didn't want to leave.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with RCI

Dear customer,

Thank you for choosing Viva Wyndham Fortuna as destination for your vacation for your family vacation.

We appreciate the time dedicated to write your opinion about your stay at our resort. We assure you that your feedback will be considered in order to ameliorate our services.

Please do not forget that Viva Wyndham Fortuna will be pleased to welcome you back.

Best regards,

Viva Wyndham Fortuna

Reviewed July 10, 2018 via mobile

So you get what you pay for at this resort, but based on the lack of customer service we got, I wouldn’t recommend this location. The place is Nothing spectacular, rooms are bare but clean. I didn’t see any bugs in either room that we had and they were on opposite side of the resort. The buffet was ok to fill up on after a long day of swimming. The “reservations only” were difficult to get a reservation to and then upon arrival, both times had a maximum of 15 people being served at one time. I’m sure people flake out on their reservations all the time but the restaurant was probably 70% empty. The bar staff were friendly, for sure. The beach can’t be beat, clear waters, sandy beach, some rocks but nothing major. The issue I had with the place and why I would not recommend is that on our first night there, my mom fell on the grass, seriously hurting her knee. We asked to be moved multiple times and I even offered to pay for an upgraded room at my own expense because my mom had a lot of pain and much difficulty getting around. Each time we asked, the front desk staff was rude and believe me, I was very courteous I’m my request because I have worked in customer service myself. Maybe if I had been rude, I would have gotten what my mom needed.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Jennifer E

Dear customer,

We appreciate your feedback on your recent stay at Viva Wyndham Fortuna Beach. Your opinion is valuable and we will take your suggestions about the customer service into account.

We are truly sorry you did not have the change to upgrade to an ocean view room as requested, due to our to occupancy , ocean view rooms are granted to those who have already pre paid for it, any last minute would be handle upon availability. Our wishes goes out to your mother prompt recovery.

We remain at your disposal.

Best regards,

Reviewed July 9, 2018

(Husband and male perspective, 25 years old) (Wedding Part) We stayed at the Viva apart of the Grand Celebration cruise and stay package. We stayed at the Viva from May 29th to June 2nd (4 nights). We got Married Friday June 1st, 2018. Yessy was our wedding planner and she was AMAZING! We communicated through email the months leading up to the departure and she delivered with all of our requests. We had about 35 guests there and they all really enjoyed themselves. Our wedding dinner was at Viva La Pizza and we picked from the "Free Menu" for our wedding food. Chicken breast and Mahi-Mahi with Chicken Wing and brushetta appetizers. Mojito and Margarita along with Champagne and Wine were the choices of drinks for the wedding dinner. We customized our entire Music playlist for the Dance Reception. I had all the first dances premixed and brought those via USB and email. The playlist I gave to them on the brochure and the DJ found all of the songs and put them in order how we had it. The entire Ceremony, Dinner and Dance was perfect. They just so happened to have a beach party Friday Night that we all went straight to after the reception. (things got crazy) Super fun!

(Overall Resort) Their Viva Club entertainers were awesome. We did water aerobics and zumba every day. One day they had a pool party with a pool game. The Beach party the night of the wedding. Beach is huge and beautiful. Pool is large and fun. The Buffet was pretty good and the Viva La Pizza had a nice dinner. We ate at the buffet the whole time. (don't expect 5 star food and everything will taste fine) and the drinks were nice and strong, exactly how you want them at an All-Inclusive resort. The Bartenders were a hit, everyone loved the drinks. We Kayaked a couple times (free through the resort) and Rode Jet Skis (jet skis are rented from the locals who walk the beach, not associated with the resort)

(Room) The view we had was AMAZING! Yessy put us down on the end where the Alter was so we wouldn't have a long walk from the room to ceremony. Views we awesome. However we didn't have Hot Water for 2 nights but once we told Yessy about it, she had it fixed immediately. Again don't expect the rooms to be 5-star and you won't have a problem with the Oceanview rooms. The Island view rooms were older and "beachy" looking. Again, you should barely be in your room here anyway. The pool, beach and entertainment is great.

One of our guests loved the wedding experience so much, they are planning theirs there right now for next year. Very happy with how PERFECT our wedding turned out. We are excited to go back as guests

Room Tip: Do Ocean View! It is worth it. The Island view rooms are older.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

We would like to express our deepest gratitude for your generous comments and for posting your review on TripAdvisor.

We are very pleased to know that you enjoyed your visit to our beautiful Resort. We are also delighted to hear that you had a wonderful time in our resort during your wedding celebration; We thank you for making us part of this very important moment of your life.

At the same time we apologize for any possible inconvenient you may had encounter during your stay

We would be honored to assist your friend in the celebration of their wedding and please to welcome you back once more to live this experience with the Viva Wyndham Fortuna Beach Family.