5,242 results
All reviews viva cafe animation staff nightly shows nachos lasagna dance lessons star resort kids club a la carte restaurants ping pong paddle boards water shoes bad reviews an open mind either direction banana bay white sand
Reviewed September 17, 2018

I always have a great time in the Bahamas but this trip was extra special because of some of the people I met. Alice Richards and Roberto (I forget his last name) were so fun and bubbly each day that my family still talks about them. I am so looking forward to visiting Viva again soon and hopefully get to hang out with those guys!
Oh yeah, our room had an awesome view and the staff took good care of us.

Room tip: Ocean view is the way to go!
Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
VivaWFortuna, General Manager at Viva Wyndham Fortuna Beach - An All-Inclusive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2018

Dear guest,

It is such a compliment when a guest has enjoyed their stay so much that they felt compelled to write a review.

We very much appreciate receiving feedback from our guests, and we will be certain to pass along your kind praise to our staff. It was our pleasure to have you stay with us at the Viva Wyndham Fortuna Beach and we are happy to hear that your vacation was so memorable.

We look forward to welcoming you back and thank you for your review.

Reviewed September 15, 2018 via mobile

We had a great time at this all-inclusive. The view from our room, 1241, was of the trapeze, pool, and beautiful beach. I thought it would be unbearably hot, but the short rain shower each day cooled it down and just hanging out in the clear blue waters with beverage in hand was all I needed to keep cool. Do bring water shoes. There are rocks to navigate. Do bring a mask & snorkel. Theirs are worn and leak. I took advice and am glad I did. Bring sun lotion in your checked bag. I had to pay twice as much for it there.

They will tell you their money exchange for U.S. dollar is 1 for 1. They say the same for Euros, etc. (Someone with a fast boat is making money in the Bahamas).

There are two reefs close to shore to enjoy from the beach. A small one you can swim around and see lots of fish very easily and a larger one further out and to the left if looking toward the water. Do not touch the reef! Not only is it bad for the reef, but you may get blight, or something like that. One lady from KS was out there standing on the larger reef and got ed. Apparently that is what the rash feels like. (Please don't stand on reefs!)

Buy the safe, a must to keep your passports and money safe.

The food is like cafeteria food or buffet food. Don't expect too much and you won't be disappointed. Im not picky so I wasn't disappointed. Do make reservations for the specialty restaurants upon arrival. They are much better than the mass food.

My 21 year old had fun with the nightlife. He was very safe, despite my worries.

We paid a little more for the private shuttle service to and from the airport. We also used the same driver to take us to Freeport. We also rented a car to drive around the Island by ourselves. We enjoyed chicken- in- a- bag and spent some time at Bishop's outside bar. Had awesome conch fritters fish there. YUM! Saw lots of conch piles and sadly, there is still a lot of hurricane Matthew damage not yet cleaned up. Some people are living in half a house! The other half destroyed. Boats turned over still out in the water too.

The beach at Wynham was nice, never had a problem getting a lounger. They cleaned it of seaweed stuff every morning so I'm not sure why some reviewers complained.

The people at the Wyndham were also very nice and helpful so I'm not sure why some reviewers complain about that also. A big shout-out to Kirklyn, Darryl, LaToya and Jamice, who went above and beyond to make our stay enjoyable.

Enjoy!

Date of stay: June 2018
4  Thank B5047YGkarenm
VivaWFortuna, General Manager at Viva Wyndham Fortuna Beach - An All-Inclusive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2018

Dear customer,

It is really satisfactory to receive your feedback during your stay at Viva Wyndham Fortuna Beach

We will take your observations into consideration, as they will assist us in our ongoing commitment to improve our services and facilities.

Thank you for recommending our resort and please remember that we will be pleased to welcome you back.

Best regards,

Reviewed September 12, 2018 via mobile

We had the wedding of our dreams! For the all inclusive package they have and the wedding package it is so affordable yet so beautiful! The staff was absolutely amazing! From the entertainment..Rrrroberto, to the bar tenders..Dennis, to the wedding planner Yessy Lewis, to the awesome gentlemen who were doing the photography, Doctor Love!! Everyone was just so freaking awesome! The food was good and the view was gorgeous! I could not complain about a single thing! And yes do the couples message on the beach, so worth it! We can not wait to return, hopefully for our one year anniversary!! Thank you again Viva Wyndham Fortuna Beach. Freeport, Bahamas!!!!!!

Date of stay: September 2018
1  Thank Bahamasbride2018
VivaWFortuna, General Manager at Viva Wyndham Fortuna Beach - An All-Inclusive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2018

Dear Guest,

We would like to express our deepest gratitude for your generous comments and for posting your review on TripAdvisor.

We are very pleased to know that you enjoyed your visit to our beautiful Resort. We are also delighted to hear that you had a wonderful time in our resort during your wedding celebration; We thank you for making us part of this very important moment of your life.

it will be our pleasure to welcome you back for your honeymoon celebration

Reviewed September 9, 2018

This was our first experience at all all-inclusive resort. This is definitely the way to go.
Everything is taken care of. Leave your wallet locked in the safe in the room because you will not be needing it.
The view is breath-taking. You are within a few steps of the ocean.
We swam, did the activities, ate, drank, and had a total blast!
Our 10-year-old had just as much fun as we did. She got involved in the activities as well. Hubby entered the ping pong tourney and won. Our daughter entered a swimming contest and won, I sat on the side cheering them all on!!! lol
We joined in the 'after party' that was amazing, clean fun.
I can not say enough great things about the staff, the resort, or the awesome time we had.
I am already planning on going back, except this time, we will book a longer trip! (3 days is not enough to enjoy it all)

Room tip: Ask for the ocean view - it is amazing!
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
6  Thank Anna F

Dear customer,

We really appreciate your review published on TripAdvisor.

We are grateful for your remarks and especially we are happy to know that you had a memorable family vacation at our Resort.

Thank you for recommending Viva Wyndham Fortuna and please do not forget that we will be pleased to welcome you back anytime.

Best regards,

Viva Wyndham Fortuna

Reviewed September 7, 2018 via mobile

The hotel was part of a package deal and we are upset with everything about “the package deal.” But this review is for the hotel and Wyndham. The resort caters to italian travelers and the free activities are very well advertised to the Italians but no one else. Went to front desk and was told there were no free activities. No bingo etc. found out there was a nightly show “in Italian with some translation.” Went to show and they announced bingo winners!! There are also free pool and beach activities but they don’t advertise then to the Americans.
If you know what questions to ask and which member of staff who doesn’t hate all the guests you may find out the info. But to enjoy the trip I think it’s best to know what to expect.

Waiting til 3 for a room is ridiculous when you get delivered to the hotel before noon...& we had to get up at break of dawn to be herded to this hot hotel with NO customer service, no a/c. So the first day is basically wasted unless you keep a day bag with your swimmers and sunscreen so you can at least enjoy the pool or beach. Also pool closes at 8pm!!!!!!!

I asked one waiter in the buffet restaurant why all the workers were angry and he said it was because of the rude Italians. But it’s probably a mixture of things. I did see Italians being very rude AND treating the beach Like it was a DUMP. There was plastic EVERYWHERE!!! Every time I went to the beach I picked up a plastic bagful of trash. It seriously is not looked after and I will never stay at another Wyndham first of all because of their time share crap and second of all because they don’t look after the beach. It’s all about the money here. I would feel differently if all guests were told they had to do trash duty at the beach before they left the hotel or is someone would police the area for trash offenders.

I will research every activity next time I am presented with a “deal.”

Did enjoy the buffet...I do not think it was cheap. I think it was all done healthily and did have a Bahamian style as well as Italian style. My whole family looked forward to each meal.

The free drinks were ok. Just don’t expect top shelf. It’s free it’s included and these resorts are really there to give not much anymore and as their electricity bill or renovation budget is not high they could give a little better option on the quality of the alcohol.

Rooms were rooms. Smelled like mold but hey you are in the Bahamas!!! Do not go if you can’t deal with humidity or mold.

Would not recommend to very elderly or disabled people. The staff will not let you check in early and do not care if you are not prepared.

Date of stay: August 2018
1  Thank Pankhursthub

Dear customer,

We appreciate the time you dedicated to write your remarks about your stay at the Viva Wyndham Fortuna Beach. Your review will assist us in our commitment to improve in all aspects of our operations.

We regret not having been able to fulfill your expectations.

Thank you for the opportunity to serve you at our resort.