US$180
US$165
  • Pool
Dundee Bay Villas(Freeport)(Great Value!)
US$148
US$141
US$117
US$174
US$106
Sunrise Resort & Marina(Freeport)(Great Value!)
US$101
US$95
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$120/night.

US$280
  • Pool
Bell Channel Inn(Freeport)(Great Value!)
US$115
US$93
Travelocity
US$161
Travelocity
J&K Suites(Freeport)
US$235
All reviewsbig mamaswim up barkey depositrestaurant food was goodport lucaya market placetiano beachcleaned every dayspent nightsbring your ownexplore the islandpool and hot tubrooms are nicecoffee potgrocery storelucayan national parklounge chairsfish fry
Reviewed August 23, 2012

My mom and I booked the flamingo bay hotel through baleria ferry express out of ft lauderdale. I read the reviews on tripadvisor before the trip and was nervous. It was great. No it's not a 5 star hotel, but why would anyone expect that from the price. There are pictures on the Internet..it shows the rooms. All of the staff were exceptionally hospitable and friendly. Our room overlooked the marina. It had a fridge, kitchen sink coffe maker. It was clean, typical cheap motel room, but clean and safe.
A few complaints-- no coffee in hotel room. A small back of coffee is almost $3 in gift shop. Checkout is at 10, we weren't leaving until 5pm, slightly inconvenient. The gift shop prices are outrageous.
The best part was the full access to Taino beach resort. The pool there is INCREDIBLE!!! Water slide, lazy river swim up bar, beach like shallow end, built in lounge areas. It was like a water park. The beach is great!!! The softest sand ever. Like powder. The restaurant is delicious, only had breakfast and lunch, not sure about dinner. You can sit outside, on the beach. The ocean breeze and view was perfect. The staff is sooooo friendly. Everybody says hi as you walk by.
The flamingo bay hotel is right on the water, In the marina. All snorkeling and other boat activities leave from The back of the hotel. So convenient. There is a water taxi provided by resort to port lucaya market place, $5/ round trip.
I absolutely loved our vacation. I plan to come back again and again. I prefer to enjoy the location of where I am versus paying more for a better room, that's just me. And there were NO BED BUGS!!!
One tip, buying food for breakfast lunch and dinner got expensive, and the Bahamas are kind of pricey, next time I will bring some peanut butter and jelly or something. Also a liter bottle of water was $5.50 in gift shop, the water in the hotel room actually tastes good, and this is coming from someone who is extremely picky about water, i never drink from the tap at home,so I just refilled my bottle but would have brougHt water if I had known. Prices in the bahamas are more expensive, so be prepared. Oh and bring your own coffee!!

Room Tip: Make sure you are facing the marina! Really pretty.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank carrie831
Reviewed August 9, 2012

Note - that there are two hotels here - owned by the same company - one is the timeshare place with the pool and the beach - one is the motel place next to the marina. I stayed at the motel place. Nice, quiet, basic - but everything I needed, you don't spend much time in your room so it doesn't need to be great but if you want a fancy room go to the timeshare place. All staff were great at both places, helpful and nice. BUT, I have one concern and I got on here to see if I can get a response from the hotel/restaurant - I was very concerned about the two turtles in the tanks in the restaurant, they were probably suitable when the turtles were smaller but the staff informed me one has been in there for two years. the one near the kitchen door has to swim constantly, I would assume that it will die soon with no where to rest, it seems to be in a panic most of the time, there is no room for it to get onto the float, The float is broken - I tried to fix it. They need to be moved into bigger area immediately. Have you throught about the 'pond' area outside the front door? if the water doesn't get too hot there - it would be perfect, the water wouldn't be too deep, you could put rocks for them to sunbathe on. and they wouldn't be compelled to constantly swim. I love the Bahamas, thought this hotel/motel was adequate for what we wanted, restaurant food was good, beach was great, but my concern for the turtles worried me (and other diners) the whole time we were there and since my return. Please let me know that will change their accommodation - so they may live without stress.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank FloridaJackie
tainobeach, Guest Relations Manager at Flamingo Bay Hotel & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2012

Thank you for your recent Posting regarding our property.
We are pleased that you had a nice visit in Grand Bahama. We can address your concern about the turtle that has outgrown his tank.
We have placed a new small (Silver Dollar sized) Turtle in his tank, while placing the fully grown Turtle into a much bigger environment. Last reports are that he is happy and swimming, and as always, eating very healthy foods while continuing to grow!
We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed August 5, 2012

Hisws booked thr best vacations ever or summer ay both timeshare slicitatio. Services. I gree with othrreviwers I is no a resort but a old blockofunits which has sub standard rooms poor excuse for kitchen, no room to swing a ca lt alone luggage. Resort facilities across at Taino. The staff therevr not friendly. Pool area is good there, water too warm as it is not deep. The beach e is good. To get around you catch a taxi - e ferry ride to shops is quite expensive when ou consider it is 5 minute ride. $ 5 per prison return. Negotiate with taxi or private/taxi car drivers. If e had better accomadation in a proper well kept resort we woudbhavevwanted to stay longer. It is slightly expensive. Shamewevfound a lovely taxi driver the day before e left. Did not enjoy summer festival. Beware of taxi's overcharging. Negotiate heavily. We had to pay $ 5 for water when we arrived as all was closed. $ 6 bread.just a room.the phones weren't working so we did not get the hard sell on time share.thank god!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Marie T
Reviewed July 24, 2012

The Bahamas is a very nice place with very nice people. But the island is very expensive . The flamingo hotel or better yet motel is not very nice. Worst hotel I have ever been too. Everything is dirty and old . This is the first time I have ever written a review. I did this because I wouldn't want anyone to feel the way I felt in this disgusting place. I will definetly read reviews before picking my next hotel and destination.

• Stayed: July 2012
5  Thank BigAl180
Reviewed July 13, 2012

I booked this package deal threw balearia bahamas express and boy was I shocked when I arrived it looked like an old motel. at the front desk I was told I didnt have a reservation when I showed them my confermation number they still could not find me a room one and a half hours later I talked to a person who claimed they were the manager but later on found out she was not, I was told they had plenty of rooms to offer that I would def. get " a room " but failed to tell me about there sister resort accross the street which is 90% better. they did not offer an up grade for the inconvienece my family suffered. when I did get a room I found white earrings in my bed a sign the room was not fully cleaned, my 14 year old was attacked at night by "bed bugs". when i told the from desk they offered to up grade me for $200.00 more to the sister resort across the street. worst hotel i have ever stood at. I am very disappointed with the balearia bahamas express and flamingo bay. will never use either company again.

Room Tip: spend the extra money and stay some place else.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family