All reviews big mama swim up bar adjoining property dish towels kitchen sink port lucaya market place cleaned every day spent nights bring your own rooms are nice coffee pot lucayan national park grocery store lounge chairs fish fry cruise ship ocean view
Reviewed June 11, 2018

We had a great time! We were there around a hurricane so some of our activities were limited but everything and everyone still made our experience amazing! The power went out for a little while and if you like storms, it was beautiful to watch from our patio! Beautiful place and very nice respectable people!

Stayed: August 2017
Reviewed June 8, 2018 via mobile

Came for a water sports conference held at the Taino Beach Resort across the street. This is a great place to stay if you have a boat as rooms are right on the marina. Not necessarily modern but clean. Small fridge and microwave. Front desk staff friendly. Room was cleaned some days and some days not. Some days dirty towels taken but clean towels had to be retrieved from the front desk. They could do a better job of making info available as to what is available onsite and what you have access to across the road at that resort. Wi-Fi was terrible.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
tainobeach, Guest Relations Manager at Flamingo Bay Hotel & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2018

Thanks for taking the time to post your experiences during your stay with us. We appreciate candid feedback such as yours to help us pinpoint and manage all the details of our amazing little slice of Paradise! We will take into account your information and thank you again. We are working on the wifi to improve coverage. Until we see you again in Grand Bahama! Happy travels.

Reviewed April 20, 2018 via mobile

I was really excited to visit this resort because of all the wonderful pictures posted online at the time of booking but boy was I wrong! It’s a cheap motel with horrible beds, showers that are falling apart and for some odd reason every day when we went out and came back to the room although clean, there was a pool of water on our floor waiting for us. They say there’s WiFi but there’s none, absolutely none. Big mama was nice to everyone but us. The hotel made me miss my excursion because they relayed the wrong message to me then they blamed it on me. When I tried to use the phone to fix thei mistake big mama rushed me off the phone because she had other guests to tend to. I guess I was chopped livers. The pictures advertised are of the sister property which is pretty nice. Staff is wonderful over there. Beach is beautiful. I understand you get what you pay for but the least they could’ve done is showed some courtesy for the fact that I’m spending money there. I’m still having nightmares about this place. The sheets looked and smelled like they were from off the streets! Seriously spend your money somewhere else. You’re better sleeping off the street than at this place. If you’re thinking of this place I hope I’ve persuaded you to rethink your decision. This place was bad, really really bad! Run away from this place!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
10  Thank Subrina N. S
Reviewed March 25, 2018

They cheated me out of $10.00!!! (See below) Before that . . . I stayed here last year. Liked so much I came back. A very basic hotel but close to so many things. The beach is a short walk. You get to use the AWESOME pool at the hotel next door. The ferry to the merchant square leaves from your back door. Many of the activities depart from the Marina out the back door: glass bottom boat, snorkeling, wave runners, and many more. I love this place. Then I was cheated out of $10.00!!

Room Tip: Take a picture of your receipts and make sure you get receipts!! I went to turn in my towel the desk wrote a 1 over the 2.
Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank merlynaude
Reviewed March 12, 2018

My experience here was AWFUL. DO NOT STAY HERE. I just spent a week here with a bunch of my college friends for spring break and it was absolutely terrible. The staff was extremely rude. They belittled me and my friends just because we were college students. I could go on and on about how much I hated here and give numerous examples, but I am going to keep it short and just warn you not to stay here if you are a college kid looking to have some fun.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends