My partner and I were looking for a comfortable that could cater to needs of beginning divers. We found Small Hope on Andros Island, Bahamas and booked a trip to stay a week at their all Inclusive Resort. Both of us have agreed to this being the best vacation of our lives and are already talking about our next trip out.
We started out as beginners but left advanced divers thanks to the incredible divemasters on staff. They were very encouraging and informative. They took us on many dives; The Blue Hole, Brad’s Mountain and Over the Wall were our favorites and did not let us miss out on anything.
Diving is not all the resort has to offer. They set us up with a great guide for bonefishing and packed us a nice cooler of snacks and other refreshments for the day. We all caught fish but I caught the biggest and best… The bragging rights made the trip worth all the while.
One of the (incredibly personable) staff members told us all about a nice fresh creek would could kayak through. Small Hope Bay provides complimentary kayaks out by their hot tub. One of the days during our time at the resort my partner and I took personal kayaks and ventured through the creek.
We were at Small Hope Bay for a week and there are still many things to do upon our return, which is very definite. Their staff is nothing short of amazing and the atmosphere life changing. They’re listed in a book titled “1,000 things you must do before you die” and I could not agree more.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We have been catering to scuba divers, snorkelers, fishermen, eco-tourists, and relaxers since 1960. Third largest barrier reef in the world and bonefish heaven. There are 21 all-inclusive rooms in cottages right on the beach. Come experience our unique ambience, friendly staff, and natural safe environment. Our dock and dive shop are right on property and fishing trips are easily arranged. Of course, if grabbing a drink, a book, and a hammock are more your style, go right ahead. We have 2 beaches and plenty of hammocks. Rest, Relaxation, and Rediscovery ... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity.ca and Hotels.com so you can book your Small Hope Bay Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Small Hope Bay Hotel Andros
- Small Hope Bay Resort
- Small Hope Bay Lodge Andros, Bahamas