“AWESOME”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Andros Beach Club

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Andros
Andros Beach Club
Westford, Vermont, United States
“AWESOME”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2011

Jesse & Chelsea were very accommodating... The house is perfect. The food was amazing. The beach was gorgeous and very private. The locals were wonderful to us, too. Duke & Reilly (the dogs) are sweet and protective of the guests. Thank you Leopolds all for an amazing and memorable experience!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank Julia A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Hinterbruhl, Austria
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2011

If you really want to chill, do as much or little as you want and be fed like royalty, this is the place! We went for a week and arrived as a group of hunters were leaving. Our room was ready for us and we settled in quickly. The hammock wassooo inviting! We were alone for the first few days and then friends of ours arrived to join us diving. We did two inland blue holes, one ocean blue hole and a range of dive sites. We dived when we felt like it which was great. Normally, there's a rush for breakfast and out to dive at 0900 - not here, which was fab. None of the dive sites were far away. We saw a couple of sharks, turtles, Nassau groupers and a good selection of smaller fish and can recommend The Labyrinth - lovely swim throughs and morays hiding..Maggie is an absolute star - she cooks like a goddess - wish I could have fitted her in my case when we left. I cannot do fish and every day they found super food for me. The Banana cake was cool - mind you Jesse does a mean breakfast himself! Our room was fine and we did need the fans - torrential rain resulted in leaks in the room. Jesse's pa is on his way to solve the problem as I write! My ears suffered - probably due to bacteria in the water in the blue hole - the doctor visited, gave me antibiotics and I am on the mend and the only other problem was the no see ums - we both got very badly bitten - Jesse had loads of Off for us to spray on but the buggers still got us. Apart from that, we had a fab trip.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Sissy55
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2011

My girlfriend and I went to South Andros to visit her brother who was staying at another lodge. Jesse's parents Jonathan and Roxanne were holding down the fort that week and could not have been nicer or more accommodating. Right from the moment we arrived they made life easy for us.
I did some scuba diving with Roggie the local dive master at Reel Tight Charters and it was spectacular.
We did hit a bad mosquito run so bring some off. We will definitely go back.
Chris and Heather

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Chris M
Centerville, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2011

My husband and I came to ABC last summer, and we enjoyed it so much that we brought our kids (17 and 22) this year. The entire family had a fantastic time! Not only is the house welcoming and comfortable, and the activities (scuba, spearfishing, snorkeling, and jumping into the inland blue holes) are a blast, but the people of Andros are the nicest people you'll ever meet. Jesse will make sure you have everything you need for the vacation you're looking for. Our favorites, besides the activities already listed, were the expanse of white sand beach that we rarely had to share (and when we did see anyone, they were friendly and cheerful), the dolphins (and one ray) just offshore, the nooks where everyone found a comfortable and private place to read or nap, and the choices of sailing, kayaking, snorkeling, walking to the store, and just relaxing. I can't miss a shout-out for the dogs, either. Duke and Riley will be your loyal buddies, and they're fun to watch when they play in the water. The food was incredible - try the Bahamian mac and cheese (seriously!) - and we had fresh fish every day. We missed Chelsea this year, but we hope to be back soon and we'll see everyone then. Thanks for a great time, Jesse!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank BCOhi0
Los Angeles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2011

I discovered Andros Beach Club after booking at another hotel nearby, and then finding out they were closing for construction during our stay. They recommended ABC. My new husband and I were looking for a relaxing second half of our honeymoon (the first half being at Sandals in Nassau.) We wanted to swim, snorkle, eat, nap and repeat! We don't dive or fish, but I hear this is the place to do it.

We were met at the tiny Congo Town airport by Mrs. Lloyd -- who was a hoot -- and her grandchildren. She asked us if we wanted to see her crab. I was exhausted and recently acquired a cold, but how could we say no? She took us to her house and showed us her crab shacks -- filled with what had to be thousands of crabs, which she sells in Nassau. She offered to take us crabbin' some night -- we just had to give her a call.

Andros Beach Club is a charming, adorable property, with feel-at-home touches all over the place. It's mind boggling to think of how they made this middle-of-nowhere house a home. I can't imagine it's easy bringing all the comforts from the mainlaind to Andros Island. We had tons of beverage choices, access to movies/TV/music, comfy hammocks inside and outside -- it was heavenly.

We had the place to ourselves for our brief 3-night stay and had an amazing, relaxing stay. We adored the two dogs -- Duke and Riley -- and felt like they were our fantasy pets. (We live in an apartment and can't wait to get a dog someday!) They stayed right by our side the entire time. They joined us in the ocean for our swims as well. It was hilarious seeing them pounce as they tried to catch fish!

Our chef Maggie came each day and prepared wonderful lunches and dinners for us -- we truly felt spoiled! Lobster, conch, pork, beef, venison, mac n cheese, champagne, wine .... it was all delicious. We did everything we intended to do: snorkle, skinnydip, explore, nap, eat, repeat! It was paradise! We even went out crabbin' ourselves a few nights -- just us, a flashlight and a videocamera, recording the hilarity as my husband tried to catch the crab as they made their way to/from the ocean to deposit their eggs. (All were released.) We even went so far as to rescue a crab that was stuck behind the stove! Let me tell you, that was a funny battle to capture on video!

The crabs loved us so much, we even had one in our room one night. (I made the hubs take it outside.) Other creatures we saw/were visited by: frogs, lizards, giant butterflies and palmetto bugs (ew!) If you're afraid of a little nature, this is not the place for you! We took photos and laughed before evicting the ones that made it into our room.

We enjoyed the AC units (yes, we're city folk!) in our room at night, along with multiple fans blowing on us. Some of us (ok, me) are not used to that kind of heat/humidity. I did a lot of sweating during our stay. Not very romantic, but that's what you get when it's July in the Bahamas. There was a nice breeze off the ocean and some shady spots to rest, thankfully. My favorite spot was under the shelter down by the beach, lying on a lounge chair, reading my book and drinking a beer. Ahh... heaven.... My other favorite spot was the hammock inside our bedroom -- with the fans pointed right at me.

We highly recommend this destination for those who want adventure or relaxation off the grid. The owners really have a wonderful thing going, and we can't wait to return! (Only next time, I won't be sick, and I will use more bug spray!)

Tips: 1) Bring bug spray -- even if you don't think you need it or they aren't biting, they are. Between Sandals and ABC, I was covered in bites, including one on my face that made my cheek and eye swell up. 2) Bring sunblock - it was HOT and HUMID, as expected. That sun is brutal if you're not used to it. 3) Bring your sense of adventure! This is island living -- it can be rough on the city folk, like me, but the place is so beautiful and the people so wonderful, it's hard not to fall in love with it.

Thanks Jesse and Chelsea!!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank rollergirl72
Highlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2011

I've just read other reviews and they cover most topics, but wanted to add that I've stayed at ABC several times over the last couple of years and continue to challenge them. For instance, if you were served lionfish while there it's my fault. Jesse and I and some pals speared and prepared them and they were EXCELLENT fare as well as introducing a way of helping curb the lionfish population. Ask Jesse to take you on a lionfish hunt. I also discovered a jungle adventure via google earth which I wanted to visit. It was ten miles from the nearest town by water and up a tidal creek. Then a deep mud feature followed by machete work. I didn't think he could put it together, but he found a guy, Nick, who sorta knew the creek and not only took us there using gps and photos, but grabbed his machete and joined in. I give best marks to ABC and hope to return many more times.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
4 Thank uraoul
Georgetown,Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2011

Our family just stayed at ABC for 8 nights and we loved it. The house was big enough for our 4 kids to spread out yet it felt like a cozy beach bungalow. The location is indescribable until you see it in person. The beach is gorgeous and the surrounding area is virtually untouched. It is a vacation for a family that does not need putt-putt golf or lots of commercial entertainment. The fun here is nature, adventure, and appreciating the local flavor. Our kids loved it but are used non-touristy type places. Jesse was an amazing host and you will not find better anywhere! Try eating at Boss Hogg's, Skippers and Adam's Fam. rest. Try spear fishing,snorkeling, blue hole jumping, and island exploring. Truly a quiet paradise and a rare find! Thank you, Jesse, for everything.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank 4kidz92
Also consider these accommodations in or near Andros
Love At First Sight Hotel
Tiamo Resort
Tiamo Resort
#2 of 9 in Andros
Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island

Been to Andros Beach Club? Share your experiences!