All reviews nature trail infinity pool golf cart fish an aquarium ship store water taxi living room small store we stayed in a two bedroom ocean front washer dryer low key fort lauderdale bimini bread boat ride great trip
Reviewed August 7, 2018

We have stayed at Bimini Sands many times over the years. Mostly we have had a boat to stay on and live aboard in the marina. This time we rented a condo unit - 16B/C. Oh, owners of this unit - PLEASE TAKE NOTICE! It needs TLC and attention. Your lanai area - HIDEOUS! Seriously, this is paradise, but not staying there. However the room rates are not reflected with poor conditions!
For Guest Check-in - whether it is the marina or condo units - I do not think there was one cart for luggage, etc. that had working wheels or possibly no wheels at all! Ground maintenance is needed all the way around, etc.

Stayed: August 2018
3  Thank jkseck
Reviewed July 26, 2018 via mobile

Was just there. Our rooms were also cancelled last minute with no notice at all. The locals that work there are very friendly. Whoever is the property manager there should be fired. We ended up booking thru a private owner n when we got there we ended up waiting 2 hours for our condo to be cleaned. It was average. Showers are the smallest u can possible imagine. ( I’m very petite so that should tell u something 3x3 square)The condo was what it was. We were stuck with no other option. The Hilton was booked. Definitely not handicap friendly. As far as the store goes, it’s not a market. It has things like ketchup, water n beer. Bring everything you need, even toilet paper. There’s no maid service. There’s a washer n dryer in the units. Bring laundry soap n whatever you need for the dryer. We had six wings and were charged $14. The ferry to north Bimini was $5 each. Bring off or some kind of bug spray. You will get eaten alive. South Bimini has nothing at all. Gas is $5/gallon. Normal slip price is $3.00 /foot. Lost power once. The entire island lost power from what we were told. This is not a luxury hotel by any means. The infinity pool is green and the bar that used to be there is not staffed it’s completely closed up. There’s plastic chairs with umbrellas. That’s the extent of it. The only nice place was the Hilton and resorts world Bimini. I believe they are one in the same. Luna beach was gorgeous. Hardly any locals on south Bimini. North Bimini is all locals. The people are friendly and welcoming. Big johns was good for lunch but double what you would pay in Miami. This place has two good things.... cold a/c and a nice staff. No cable in the condo. That was never resolved. Tv was the size of a computer monitor, no joke! Be careful because the private owners are booking their units on the other app and then mgmt is double booking the same unit. If you plan on staying here have a backup plan because you may not have a room upon arrival even though you booked it 6 months in advance. There’s no sense of urgency about anything. Honestly ur better off booking somewhere that has their mgmt act together. Will not be booking again!!! We will book the Hilton for our next trip for sure. Definitely worth the higher rate!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank S D
Reviewed July 26, 2018

We found the condo ( 12b ) very comfortable only down was the lack of internet which is very needed for people boating from Florida
The hotel was ok , pool was clean but need an urgent remodelation . it was also low in Chlorine , still relaxing
The marina is great but there are no numbers on many of the slip causing people switching spots everytime . Also the info for price on the website is old . price showed $1.50 x ft ... Everyone was charged $2.5 x ft ( minimum 30 ft ) without previous notice

The hotel do not offet any Meal service other than the breakfast which was good . Eating in Bimini is a big trouble and expensive . If you plan to go North Bimini be ready to either take a ferry wich is very irregular or pay a expensive dock if going in your boat . Also be ready to pay for a taxi each way (if you can find one , I spent 40 min waiting for a taxi which never showed up ) Or pay a golf cart @ $90 plus for a few hr

Now the worse ... In the hotel (not everyone) and also many locals are the TOP definition of RUDE ... I never feel more unwelcome than the 40 min I spent in North bimini .
The staff is mixed , some are very nice like the guy who serve the fuel .. Some other are really nasty like a old lady in a golf cart who was complaining cause many people were on the way in front the custom/slip rental place ... Which by the way took 6 hours .. Yes 6 Hours to get a group of 100 people set up

Will I go again .. Yes , because the condo is great and BSR offer a great localization .
What will I do different
1- bring enough , ENOUGH food so I dont need to go anywhere for a dinner .
2- Not putting a foot in North bimini to avoid the unwelcome feeling
3-asking the price for the marina in write while doing the reservation
4-Try to avoid step in the middle of the old lady with the golf cart and bad mood

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Florida2where
Reviewed July 20, 2018 via mobile

The hotel is dirty and would not recommend to anyone. The bathrooms are poor quality and showers are awful. They trickle down at best and the drains are stopped up. On top of the poor quality rooms, our room was cancelled after being reserved for 8 months. We didn’t receive a call or anything, but actually called to ask a question and they said, “Yeah, by the way, we have been meaning to call you and tell you your room was cancelled.” Not only was ours cancelled, but 20 other rooms were too the week before just like mentioned in the post below. I would not recommend nor stay here again. If anything I would recommend the Hilton on the North side.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank 88beachbum88
Reviewed July 13, 2018 via mobile

After holding my money for over a year and having a fully paid reservation since February, I received a call less than one week before my trip to Bimini Sands that my reservation has been cancelled. “The developer pulled the units from the rental pool” is what I was told. Not only did I have friends flying in from around the country, but the expense of preparing the boat for the crossing is also at hand. This is completely unprofessional at the hands of Sands management. Beware!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends