All reviews rented a car dive master dive boat mile stretch full service walk for miles grand bahama easy access fresh fish pauline antoine dives kitesurf hosts resort beach bahamas
Reviewed February 6, 2017

My girlfriend and I returned from a 4 night stay at Greenwood about a week ago and just can't stop talking about the "next visit." If you go once, you're sure to return. We spent a few days on the beach, which is the most beautiful I've ever seen, and a day driving the island to get acquainted with the area. There was good food available at the local restaurants but by far the best food on the island was prepared at Greenwood by their in-house chefs. Pauline and Antoine, the inn managers and hosts, were absolutely fabulous and treat you like family from the moment you arrive. We just can't recommend Greenwood enough.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank _zachsack
greenwood-bahamas, Gérant at Greenwood Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2017

Dear Zachsack,
What a really amazing review. That's great to hear you might come back to visit us again.
We always happy to see repeating guests,
See you hopefully soon

Reviewed February 4, 2017

The managers Pauline and Antoine are incredibly nice and heart-warmed people. You have to love them. They are very committed and helpful to make your stay unforgettable. We chose from a great variety of activities: snorkeling, kitesurfing, chilling at the beach and in the hammocks, taking coconuts from the trees, renting a car to explore the island, jamming with Antoine (open Mic every Friday), mixing drinks at the bar, and much more! The food was great. We could decide on times and wide selection of dishes. Kitchen staff is very friendly and making a great effort to fulfill you every wish! Our highlight was the endless beach which feels it is there just for you as you with its wonderful water and corrals. I learned how to kitesurf and it was so much fun. I can only recommend to get up for the sunrise and start the first session even before the breakfast. You will be able to really let go and find yourself in this magical place (also motto of the ressort). Time flies in this paradise and you want never want to leave again. We definitely want to come back!

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lewan2016

Hi Lewan,
Thank you very much for your time and your nice review, we try our best to make people feel like at home. Its always great to see that you enjoy our differents activities and Greenwood Beach. We hope to see you for more kitesurf,
All the best

Reviewed January 14, 2017

It was my first trip to Cat Island... I've already done most of the other Bahamian Islands. I'm not a huge fan of the touristy Nausau/Atlantis vibe... It's a little like being in Vegas. I've done it and it was great but I'm more of a traveler than a tourist.

If you're looking for the tourist vibe...Greenwood maaaaay not be your thing.
But if you're looking for a cool little place to just disappear, with an amazing, totally secluded beach, and a friendly, chill atmosphere... Greenwood Beach resort is perfection.

From the moment you arrive at Greenwood it kinda has an amazingly "homey" feel to it... as though you were going to stay at a really good friends Beach House for the week... He tosses you a set of keys and says have fun. It's like a cross between a vacation home rental and a regular hotel.

You'll read in almost EVER review of this place what INCREDIBLE hosts/managers Paulina & Antoine are. So warm and caring, so attentive to your wants & needs... but without being too pushy or over bearing as to become annoying... They're the perfect mix of Professional & Friendly.

As far as the resort goes, the rooms are clean and well taken care of... the common areas are casual and inviting. Is it a 5 star luxury resort... no... is it a great place to have fun & get away with your significant other or a larger group of people... DEFINITELY!!!

I mostly just like to relax and work on my tan on my vacations, but if you're a diver they have a great dive program at Greenwood. 2 dives a day I think, as well as beginners and certification courses. I've been certified for almost 30yrs. I didn't dive because I had a bit of an ear issue, but everyone who dove looked pretty happy when they came back. Antoine also gives Kite Boarding lessons... I'm a pretty fair wind surfer so I was gonna do that a try... but my perfectly placed lounge chair on the beach just never seamed to wanna make me get up. lol.

The real attraction here is the amazing 8 mile long beach. Some of the pictures we took there are just breathtaking. We walked 2 miles one day and then 3 miles in the other direction the next... and we didn't see not one person... Just AMAZING!!!

On the downside, because of where the island is located you get some weird and wonderful things that wash up on the back part of the beach during high tides. That being said, the water is Perfect Bahamian Turquoise and as clean as I've ever seen.

We only really had one "grey day" during our stay so we decided to make it a combo "Beach Clean Up" and "Island Craft Day". We gathered some cool stuff on the beach and made sea creatures out of it. Paulina has a stash of paints, brushes and craft supplies at the ready for the "artisticly motivated". You'll see a ton of past guest's artwork all over the resort. They hang it proudly, like any good mom would hang her kid's macaroni art on the fridge.

Like I said, it just feels like... HOME. Home cookin, home style "honor bar" (Beer & Booze all at the ready... And you're your own bartender). The foods pretty darn good, especially when you consider it's only $56/ea for Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner... That's one meal at most resorts. I'm not by any means "cheap" but I like a good bargain now and then. And at Greenwood, between the reasonable room rates & the price of the food... You can literally stay there a month and barely feel it.

I'm gonna leave it at that... Now that I'm back in LA I gotta go catch up on work. But I know my trip to Greenwood won't be my last. Maybe we'll see you there.

Rod from LA California

Room Tip: Just enjoy Greenwood for what it is...
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
5  Thank mytruparadise

Hi My truparadise,
Thank you so much for your incredible review, we hang your Kid's macaroni...euh i mean your manta ray, your cute jelly fish and crazy coconut ;).
Happy you have a relaxing time with us, and hope to see you again
All the best

Reviewed January 11, 2017

We stumbled onto Paulina and Antoine and the Greenwood Resort while we were exploring this little slice of paradise...Paulina showed us around the resort with all bungalows and dive pool and then left us to enjoy the 8 mile beach and the rest of the islands most southern tip...We will book a future vacation at Greenwood for sure...

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Donald R

Dear Donald R,
We really appreciate your review and the time you took for it.
We will be happy to welcoming you for your future vacation

Reviewed January 6, 2017 via mobile

Imagine classic bungalow rooms and a restaurant/bar with indoor-outdoor seating and excellent food, all overlooking gleaming sand and emerald water...that's Greenwood Beach Resort. We love this place! Innkeepers Paulina & Antoine, along with friendly staff, made our stay wonderful. You can even learn to scuba dive here, and get your certification before you leave! Most importantly, this place has the quiet charm we look for when we want a beach vacation getaway. Two thumbs up!

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank hugo28
greenwood-bahamas, Gérant at Greenwood Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2017

Dear Hugo28,
We are happy to read your review and glad that you had some good times with us.
We are looking forward to welcoming you again