All reviews the cottages honor bar da smoke pot other guests sound of the waves get away dusk and dawn snorkel spot general vibe new arrivals wonderful spot recommend da great hosts baby oil atlantic side paddle boards slice of heaven
Reviewed November 25, 2017

This was my 5th stay at PCBC, and it gets better each time. I remember my first time to PCBC and the apprehension not knowing what to expect given the remote nature of Cat Island. (It is not a touristy place). Ned (Leslie and Ned are the owners) gave me the best advice ever, "just come and relax, it will all be great". And it was!! If you are looking for gold plated elegance go to a branded hotel somewhere and live like a tourist). If you want the elegance of the most inviting, beautiful and undisturbed 3 miles of beach of powdery white sand and every shade of blue in the water, and a comfortable cottage just steps away and island hospitality, then come to Pigeon Cay.

I come to PCBC at least once a year to recharge and relax. Leslie and Ned are wonderful hosts. While they respect your privacy they are always accessible (their house is right there on the property). Have a quick visit with them upon your arrival to discuss meals, other dining options on the island and stores where you can buy groceries for meals you want to prepare in the full kitchen in your cottage/house. You can even use their car for a trip to the store if you don't want to rent a car.
The meals at PC (again check when they are cooking) are delicious. Ned knows his way around the kitchen! Flora and Dolores keep the rooms clean and comfortable. Leslie will take care of your requests and needs, just ask.

Pigeon Cay is a wonderful spot, whether you come solo (as I do) or with a family or group. As I was leaving Leslie and Ned were preparing for a large family group coming in for Thanksgiving week. I'm sure they all experienced the bountiful hospitality I did.

Pigeon Cay has transformed my life as the tranquility and peace of this place has permeated my spirit. Being able to take that home and transport myself back in mind and heart keeps my soul afloat.
Thanks Leslie and Ned for another incredible visit and more memories!!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed November 8, 2017 via mobile

Leslie is the heart of this place. She is a gem. Ned, her other half, keeps to himself mostly. Don’t take his tone personally, he means well. They make a great team. Pigeon Cay expertly combines the warmth of a bed and breakfast, the uniqueness of an AirBnB, and the attention to detail of a hotel. There is a mini library with a collection of books, games, and puzzles if you’re ever looking for something else to do when you’re not swimming, exploring, or getting your best sleep ever. Seriously, there is no need to overpack for this trip - no scented lotions or perfumes, just some sunblock and insect repellent, comfy clothes and shoes. The stars at night will be some of the most vivid you’ll ever see. Pigeon Cay also supports local artisans by selling a few cute items in the office/gift shop. If you’re looking to put your phone down, this is the place to go. We will definitely be back as this is easily a home [we wish we had] away from home.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MissNoelle
Reviewed October 30, 2017

The Pigeon Cay Beach Club is as beautiful as you can imagine. White sand beaches as far as you can see. It is such a peaceful and charming resort. There are more activities that one would think. If you just want to relax and read a book there is no better place. The beach and ocean is literally at the foot of your cottage. The private cottages are really charming as is the bar and dinner areas that are just off the beach.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Edtrip30
Reviewed October 21, 2017

If you are looking for the best, most perfect place to unplug and refresh Pigeon Cay Beach Club will be for you. Charming cottages with all that is necessary for a comfortable stay are situated on a beautiful white sand beach which for all intents and purposes is “private”. Family style dinners at the beach bar are fun and interesting when enjoyed with like minded travelers. As Leslie will say...”gaze at the stars, swim in the sea. Enjoy the peace which is Pigeon Cay”.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank leesylva
Reviewed July 15, 2017 via mobile

My husband and me, booked for staying one week at Pigeon Cay Beach but, just after three days, we went away due to the terrible experience we had having there. We preferred to pay little more money for another hotel (Shanna's Cove), highly superior for each aspect; we even preferred not taking advantage of the refund of the air tickets (promotion of Sky Bahamas for staying more 7 days long) because we only wanted go away!
First of all, cottages are very old and dirty, full of dust. The owners are almost absent, if you need anything you are alone, without any assistance. There is not any meal plan, as you can read on their web site; they cook when and what they want, you can never be sure to eat at the hotel and you have necessary buy your own food and beverage (renting a car) so that you can prepare meals by yourself. The few times you can eat there, you are forced to share a long table whit the other guests (8/10 persons) and you have not the privacy everybody looks for during the holidays, above all if you are a couple.
If you ask for breakfast, you have to know that it is very poor; a mini cup of fruit and few industrial pastries, not good at all, with a glass of orange juice.
The most terrible fact has been a lot of little bugs, which bites, into the bed. My husband was totally "eaten" and he can not slip a wink all the nights we stayed there. The owners generally say to the guests that the bugs are not in the bed, but on the beach; many people belive that, as you can read on several reviews, but it is not real...they are inside the bed, in fact, when we changed the hotel, we had not this problem anymore and, finally, we could have a relaxing and pleasant stay.
It is an old resort which, since it has been built, much probably was never maintenenced. Windows are broken, everything is old, dusty and sometimes fatiscent. The bicycle are old too...so old that they have no breakes, like the bicycles that were used by my father in 1970... The owners should be grate to the nature for the beautiful sea and beach but, belive me, they did not anything more than building the cottages which are going to ruin at all! Just to let you known, they have several big dogs, free to tour in the resort and the beach; they seem good but you could not appreciate that. Probably you are thinking to reserve this resort for the price, which seams convenient, but do not make this big mistake...pay little more for being sure to stay greatly.
Surely, the owners will reply this review but... don't let you be convinced otherwise.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Laura25aprile
leslie k, Owner at Pigeon Cay Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2017

First of all I am sorry for your early departure, you seemed pleased your three days there, if there was an issue with the cottage it would have been best to communicate with myself or my staff, my office is always open and I am present most mornings in office if we will be out always a note on the door on where to find us, my staff is on premise most days 9-1 to take care of the cottages and any quests needs. No we do not have a meal plan but offer breakfast each morning and dinner 4 nights a week, I believe you had one continental breakfast( fresh cut fruit and local pastry Flour cakes and coconut tarts from a local baker) and two evening dinners, yes the cottages have kitchens so you have the choice to dine in on your own or join the other guests at the beach side dining, we do not "force" any guests to sit with anyone they do not choose to be with we have several other tables and room service which you did take advantage of. Yes this is the Caribbean and there are sand bugs often more active before or after it rains I recall a day of rain for your stay, we offer complementary bug spray for guests and air circulation is key to use your ceiling fans and have the air flow through the cottage, the cottage also has A/C that helps as well which you did not choose to use. The bikes are not old just no hand brakes or gears, the island is mostly flat and easy to pedal around to explore. Hopper, Daisy and Youda are my three dogs, yes they are Free another plus living on an island, sorry you did not like them, they are casual and laid back and they are usually with me in the office or under the Palapa catching a cool. I am glad you had a relaxing rest of your stay on the island.. if you have any issues at your next Hotel, communication is vital for all ones happiness. all the best to you both