All reviews car rental conch salad white sand every morning sherrie bikes locals island beaches stingrays kayaking
Reviewed July 28, 2016

This hotel is the perfect home base for a laid-back vacation, whether it's for catching up on some R&R or really exploring the island at your own pace. They do have airport transfers available, plus bicycles and kayaks available for rent too. The team is so friendly and helpful they had me feeling like I was a long lost relative from the very moment I arrived.

The location is nothing short of perfect. I went with a friend and we had an ocean view room, and I have to say that waking up to a view like that is something I would love to be able to do everyday. The hotel is both beach front and creek front, and it is such a unique experience to see the point where the ocean becomes a creek. The surrounding natural environment is just stunning and there's so much of it just within walking distance.

There is a convenience store attached to the resort, and at least some rooms do include a kitchenette area so you can easily save and create a more personal experience by cooking your own meals if you would like. But there are also several restaurants nearby to try, including one that's about a 10-minute walk away which also can deliver. Plus there's a bar/liquor store nearby too and who can complain when wine is served at $2 a glass!

The room was very clean and well appointed. Nothing fancy (aside from that amazing view!) but suited our needs very well! Hot water worked perfectly and while the shower was a little on the small side, it was just fine and definitely added to the authentic Caribbean feel of the property.

There are only a few "downsides" which do not detract from the hotel by any means but could enhance the overall experience: the first being that the area can be remote and cab fares can be pricey. I would recommend renting a car if you'd like to really explore the island otherwise a lot of it becomes inaccessible. Also because the surrounding area is very, very quiet a lot of restaurants and stores were not open and it seemed you had to call well in advance to be able to do anything. Keep in mind too that the resort & convenience store closes down on Saturdays so it's worthwhile to make arrangements beforehand. But again these are all just very minor suggestions.

Overall there is very little I will do differently when I go again next time, and for sure I will be back! Just go with great company and a sense of adventure and you'll have a wonderful time! :)

Room tip: Higher floor and facing the ocean was definitely my pick! Quiet, beautiful, and airy. :)
Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank mzrmorgan
Margaret C, General Manager at Orange Creek Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2016

It was so good to see young people enjoying nature, and the great island life. It was a joy for us to help you enjoy your time on our isalnd. Thanks for coming and do return.

Reviewed March 3, 2016

If your looking for nightly social life, shopping, fast food and entertainment venues, then don't pick Orange Creek Inn. However, if you love exploring dozens of natural island features, spending time with caring local Bahamians and enjoy peace & quiet, then Orange Creek Inn is the place for you.
By foot, out the front door there are miles of sandy beaches, kayaking in a 2+ mile long mangrove lagoon, mid-island blue holes, caves with bats, beautiful tropical fish and great fishing. Bring along a bicycle (or arrange to rent one there), and the attractions expand many fold. Even with a four week vacation, my wife and I were unable to see all the attractions on Cat Island.
The attentive and caring family run facility also provide nice conveniences for those seeking their own daily adventures. There is a well stocked grocery store and a laundromat at the facility. Inside of most rooms is a modestly stocked kitchenette that makes it easy to prepare evening meals when you return from an adventure.
Orange Creek Inn provided us with more value than we expected for the low price of the rental.

Room tip: West facing rooms allow you to watch the sunsets.
Date of stay: February 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank JWhisman
Margaret C, General Manager at Orange Creek Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2016

Having you here was a treat to us. After enjoying all the natural beauty here, quietness and tranquility is necessary for a restful night. Good memories is our aim for our guests.

Reviewed March 1, 2016

Trip Adviser has lots of inaccurate information and inconsistencies in how they allow these proprietors to represent themselves...not just at Orange Creek. $107 rate was instantly increased by $21 per person per day for a "resort fee". This is no resort and you get nothing for the fee. Owner said they would uphold $107 price if you call them directly. She charged $15 for 2 mile ride from airport and tried to charge $10 to rent a bike. Shouldn't that be include as part of the resort fee? Good budget inn if you can arrange it for the right price. Pleasant but not great location. No place to eat on location but you can make your own food in room.

Date of stay: February 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank Mark H
Margaret C, General Manager at Orange Creek Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2016

It was pleasure to have served you. We apologized for this. As per our conversation we are no longer representated by that company. We hope to see you in the future.

Reviewed January 5, 2016 via mobile

Our visit was wonderful!! Mrs Calibre, Adam and Shay where wonderful hosts! The Inn's accommodations were just perfect for us. As I am Vegan, Gluten Free and need to cook my meals. The efficiency king room was the perfect size. I enjoyed cooking our meals every day and being able to walk downstairs to get our necessities was so convienient! Bring your snorkel gear and snokeral across the Inn in the harbor for great starfish, tiger fish and corral. The north end bar which is a quick walk from the Inn was a bar we enjoyed our last night. The owner of this bar is a local resident with great stories, gracious care for its customers and cold local beer!

Date of stay: January 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Doralicia R
Margaret C, Owner at Orange Creek Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2016

Our aim is to please our guests, so they can relax and enjoy their stay. It was good having you all at our place.

Reviewed December 1, 2015

My husband and I spent 4 nights at Orange Creek Inn. We loved the area, the room and mostly the people. It's a great place for those who want to relax. Everybody was very helpful and so nice with us. Thanks again to everybody! :)

Date of stay: November 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank 470Talie
Margaret C, Manager at Orange Creek Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2015

It was so nice to have you and Eric stay at our Inn. Our aim is to allow you to have the best time of your lives.