Laughing Bird Apartments
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Eleuthera
See available hotels
Squires Estate(Eleuthera)
View Hotel
French Leave Resort(Governor's Harbour)
View Hotel
Villa Allamanda, Eleuthera(Governor's Harbour)
View Hotel
Pineapple Fields Resort(Governor's Harbour)
View Hotel
Sky Beach Club(Governor's Harbour)
View Hotel
Hut Pointe Inn(Governor's Harbour)
La Bougainvillea(Governor's Harbour)
View Hotel
Tropical Dreams Rentals(North Palmetto Point)
View Hotel
Unique Village(North Palmetto Point)
View Hotel
The Cove Eleuthera(Gregory Town)
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 February 2015

When you visit the rustic, elemental paradise that is Eleuthera, the Laughing Bird Apartments allow for all the amenities you might need in such a destination. The apartments are clean and spacious and located on a beautiful, landscaped lot feet from a small beach. Hostess Jean is warm and gracious, and our children (ages five and six) searched her out for visits many times each day. We stayed here for the first time in April 2014 and fell in love with it (all except the seasonal insect population-the island doesn't spray, which is not a bad thing overall). We just returned from our second trip and will surely go back.

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled with family
4  Thank Maureen H
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

After reading the reviews online, I was skeptical about staying here, however, it was the best thing I could have done.
I could have used some additional pillows for the bed, but I made out just fine. I enjoyed the sliding doors (locked from the inside), and the hammock outside. I do wish I had used them more though.
The kitchen was small but I imagine the perfect size for anyone cooking. I did not cook so I only used the fridge.
The highlight was Nurse Jean, she is such a pleasant person who has so much knowledge. She truly made my stay incredible and even inspired me to stay true to who I am. She was kind enough to take me to church with her, and helped with any directions, as well as a car rental that I needed. She really was one of a kind. I enjoyed how homie the rooms were and that she would have magazines, such as the National Geographic in the rooms. It was a great feeling.
The location was great and only a few blocks away from the grocery stores, liquor, snorkel rental, etc. in Governor's Harbor. The Caribbean was across the road, maybe a minute walk away, and I enjoyed some great snorkeling in the water.
Facing the Caribbean, if you head left on the road (10 minute walk, AWAY from town), it'll take you to the sunset restaurant (I believe that's the name, sunset for sure). They have a deck on the ocean and great selection of food.
If you head to the Harbor and sit in front of the nursing station on the steps and throw sticks in the water at night, the barracuda will swim and dance for you.
I'd recommend this to anyone who appreciates the small things in life. This was truly great.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Megan L
Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

Our stay here began with a non working tv and an old noisy air conditioner. The owner (who is elderly and means well but is in way over her head) then switched us to another cottage with a working tv and a "new" air conditioner. The filter on the so called new air conditioner was so filthy it looked like it hadn't been cleaned in 6 months. Don't expect to hear the television when you are running the air conditioner since the old tv has a volume control which doesn't work well. Miss matched floor tiles, poorly patched holes in the walls and a dirty shower drain are just a few examples of the run down condition of the place. Now for the worst part be prepared to encounter ants crawling on the floor/wall along with other bugs and a huge cockroach awaits when you open the bottom drawer of the dresser complete with multiple cockroach feces. Least I forget don't expect to sleep much because you will be waking early with the roosters crowing every few minutes from early in the morning.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Dave_YW84NE1
Reviewed 2 May 2014

We stayed at Laughing Bird Apartments for our 20th wedding anniversary 4/25 - 5/1 and had a wonderful experience! Nurse Jean is a warm and helpful hostess, who is a joy to spend time with. The apartments had everything we needed, and were in a great location in the town. Many of the best beaches were no more than a 10-15 minute drive (we visited 7, and recommend having a rental car, just for ease of travel). From the apartments, we walked to the bakery (2 minutes), the Fish Fry (5 minutes), the Anglican church (5 minutes), the movie theater (1 minute), and Burrow's grocery (3 minutes). The gardens were beautiful and secluded, and right across from the water. We loved sitting in the garden, reading, praying and watching/listening to the gentle waves on the beach. For the price (we stayed in a studio for $100/night), we were pleased with our accomodations. The air conditioning worked great, the water was hot, the kitchen was small but well equipped, all rooms and linens were clean, and we were very comfortable. If you want a luxury spa, go elsewhere. If you want a relaxing atmosphere, surrounded by the beauty of creation, with a warm and welcome heart to greet you, then you've found the right place!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mark L
Reviewed 14 April 2014

This is a wonderful place to get some piece and quiet. The ocean is just across the street from the back door. There is lot of nature to be see on the Island. Definitely rent a car and look on trip advisor for places to eat. Ask the locals about stuff, they will be more than happy to tell you about their Island. Nurse Jean is a great host and the place is clean. Avoid using Southern Air if you can. While everything at the Apartment was great Southern Air has a reputation of late flights. We missed our flight back to Miami from Nassau because they were 1:40 minutes late. Customer service was terrible when we finally did arrive. They did absolutely nothing to help us. Pineapple air is the better airline.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple