My husband and spent five days here. Our room was great and super bathroom. We had a Walkout Palm Bay Ocean View Luxury rm 5101. Grounds and pools were beautiful and well maintained. Every single staff we walked by said hello to us This a immaculate and stunning resort.
Yes I do agree we had a few things go wrong but we just don't let the small things bother us.
I have made it my policy to keep my expectation reasonably low. This way it prevents me from ruining my vacation when things don't go as planned and then if they do I am delighted.
We did have confirmed reservations at the one French restaurant at 6 and when we showed up they didn't have us down. I knew there wouldn't be any chance of us walking in either since it took 4 days to get in the first time. Instead we just went back to the Italian restaurant.
Then there was the diving problem. If you can believe it there is NO PHONE at the dive/watersports center. Sandals are very cautious of customers so they won't go out on even the slightest windy day. We couldn't even get on the list for a dive cause the girl there wasn't sure if they would be going the next morning due to weather. She saus just show up in the lobby at 9am. When we do, and try to get on the bus that takes divers to marina
(This Sandals doesn't have their own dock and boat at resort) the dive master says Whoooaa who are you and we don't have you all on the list. Oh boy here we go again.
After a 20 min delay in advising them we had already signed all the authorization pages and have been to the dive center several times and they are either closed or don't know if the boat will be going out due to weather, they allow us to go on the trip.
For any divers who have dove several places before this...........this is not the place to dive.
It's like Jamaica, not a thing down there, a handful of fish and lots of sea grass and algae.
Food is pretty good. The Italian restaurant was very good, Dino's good, Drunken duck good and breakfast at Bahama Bay has a large selection. Pastry shop also good. Not great good.
We took the "kayak in paradise" it was just ok. Its a long trip and DO apply sunscreen to front of your legs. Not much to see there but mangroves, mangroves and more mangroves.
These guides said absolutely nothing to anyone the entire trip. It was very boring since they offered no information on any history, flora or fauna in the area. Skip this tour.
In Jamaica the guides talked to us the whole time. Educating us on the history of the people, plantations, slavery, names and types of trees, berries and wildlife in the area. Incredibly educational and interesting.
Second tour was "taste of the islands" a boat tour around the surrounding islands. This was all arranged booking online with Sandals. Our captain Jerry Lewless was an older gentleman
who was born on Little Exuma. Very informative of the island and its history. Took us to the caverns where Pirates of the Caribbean 2 & 3was filmed. Saw turtles and manta rays, fed some fish, stopped at sand bars to get out for walk around then stopped at coral heads for snorkeling. Can't say enough good about Jerry, super nice guy.
Long boat ride 4-5 hours very relaxing and enjoyable.
I booked my husband and I for a couples massage at The Red Lane Spa and it was delightful. Its been a long time since '
I've allowed myself to indulge in a massage and this was worth it.
Overall, we did enjoy ourselves and really loved the resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •NEW!! Jogging Trail on property - 2.6 miles long •Greg Norman designed 7,001 yard golf course with 6 signature oceanside holes•Three fresh water pools including the Caribbean’s largest zero entry pool with a central fire pit•24 hour room service to all rooms and suites•Seven exciting dining options to choose from•Red Lane Spa with sixteen extensive treatment rooms•Personalized off resort excursions arranged by our Island Routes Tour specialists•Sits on 1 mile of the Exuma’s best powdery white sand beaches•6 Har-Tru tennis courts including a sunken stadium court•Voted Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row•Voted Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand”, 18 years in a row•Voted Sandals Emerald Bay “Caribbean’s Leading Luxury All-Inclusive”•Awarded #9 spot in the 2012 Readers' Choice Awards "Top 12 Resorts in The Atlantic" ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HotelQuickly, Booking.com, Travelocity.ca, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sandals Emerald Bay Golf, Tennis and Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Emerald Bay Hotel Great Exuma
- Four Seasons Great Exuma
- Great Exuma Four Seasons
- Sandals Emerald Bay Golf, Tennis And Spa Resort Great Exuma, Bahamas