Embrace Resort(Staniel Cay)
All reviewsall inclusive packagenurse sharksthunderball grottothe cottagesland and seaswimming pigsflamingo airlobsterwatermakers airkey limegolf cartbigger boatall inclusive planbox lunchfresh catchpink cottagelow tide
Reviewed December 14, 2015

This place was great. My fiance and I arrived with another couple on Friday December 11, 2015. The plane ride from Nassau was a bit shaky as we were in a 9 person double prop plane built in the late 1970s (Flamingo Air) and hit some crazy weather on the half hour flight (would recommend anyone heading to this destination take a direct flight from Ft. Lauderdale) but upon arrive we didnt want to be anywhere else! The hotel is a short walk from the airport (although they will provide a ride if you desire one). We checked in to our Cocoa Plum dual cabins (more than adequate for two couples) and immediately checked our 18' Boston Whaler and headed for Pig Island. The food at this place is the best I've ever had in the Caribbean. My fiance is a vegetarian and she was SHOCKED by how many options they had and how tasty everything was. Facilities were great and the staff was top notch. We will definitely return!

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Pstrnistejr
Reviewed December 6, 2015

I visited the Staniel Cay yacht club for 2 nights on our trip to the Bahamas and I am so glad we did.. What an experience it was to swim with pigs and nursing sharks. We flew from Nassau with flamingo air to staniel cay and that in itself was an experience in such a small plane and i was sat in the co-pilots seat. The staff were so friendly and we had a boat available to us when we got there ready for our adventures. The food in the restaurant was excellent with plenty of choice. Swimming in the Thunderball grotto where James Bond was filmed was cool just make sure you time it with the tide.
A must is the Bahama Mama cocktails... Very chilled and relaxing stay well worth it !!!!

Room Tip: Choose the newer rooms if available but all amazing views
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Juleswelsh
Reviewed December 5, 2015

Great staff, great food, really bad wifi. very loud music in bar, which makes everyone have to talk way too loud during dinner, which makes it double the noise. Feel sorry for anyone staying in the ocean blue, no privacy, and all the music for half the night. Stayed one week, not sure what all the fuss is about, but the water was very pretty and all the people very nice. My favorite thing was finding a spider, and loved the orange cat, I fed it food from all my meals.

Room Tip: Do not get a cottage close to bar if you cant sleep with noise.
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kathleen G
Reviewed December 1, 2015

This was our 4th trip to SCYC in 4 years so obviously we love it. It is without a doubt the most relaxing vacation spot. The new dining room & office are an awesome addition. We loved the music variety in the DR only wish I had my shazam app so I could of captured some of the lesser known songs.
As usual the service was outstanding from David, Shaunie, Elizabeth, Felicia, Ruth & Rhonda, Artie thank you all! I'm sorry not to know everyone's name as there is not one who isn't wonderful. We did miss Carl since he was on vacation but hope to catch him next year.
We stayed in "Sea Grape", we prefer the newer cottages and especially the larger boat that is included in the package. Room was great, comfy bed, clean & cozy. Love having my morning coffee on the deck watching Staniel wake up!
Wish I could be there now :)

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mrsmoe
Reviewed November 23, 2015

Just returned from an 8 night stay at SCYC. We celebrated our 25th anniversary last year here and knew immediately that we wanted to return. Our expectations were exceeded this year with the subtle changes they are making. The new dining room is amazing from the view, decor, set-up. However, if you're nostalgic, a portion of the old dining remains along with the bar seating. Hotel guest now have their own "office" that's air conditioned, music playing & candles glowing! Marina guests use the original blue building by the docks. I thought it allowed us quicker service throughout the week. There's now a snorkle shed (with a sky light!). All the equipment is organized by sizes on shelves. Boats now have 2 anchors instead of 1. Although be careful of wearing light colored swimsuits, the cable attached to the line was rusty and turned our clothes orange. Picnic lunches now have fresh fruit (instead of sugary fruit cups). The airport opened up 3 days after we left but I can tell you SCYC goes out of their way to make up for any inconveniences. We had no problem using the boat shuttle back & forth to Black Point. We flew on Flamingo Air through Nassau. We did all of the usual boat trips and even broadened our search area because we had such calm waters & tide times were in our favor. We went as far north as O'Briens Cay and the Land & Sea Park aquarium (a must see). There are 2 tie ups there. After that we boated into the most beautiful water between O'Briens & Soldier Cay. We also travelled as far south as Little Farmer's Cay. Lots of good landings along the way. We saw the "castle" house for the first time. The sandbar at Sandy Cay & in Pipe Cay at low tide are amazing. Beware of getting too close to Little Pipe Cay or they'll blast music until you leave:) Snorkeled the Grotto twice at low tide and my husband found 4 different holes/tunnels to swim through from inside to out. We love everything about SCYC and vacationing here. Quaint cottages, fantasic dining, boat to explore the gorgeous waters, and the friendly staff that takes pride in their services (thanks Carl, David, Nettie, Renee, Filicia, Rhonda, & Ashley for making our week so memorable!) The island is truly amazing with a wonderful blend of natives (and history) to the locals and the rotating guests from all over the world! We will be back next year!

Stayed: November 2015