“beautiful location and comfortable”

The Old Vicarage Guest House
The Old Vicarage Guest House
Ranked #2 of 2 Llangurig B&B and Inns
Reviewed 16 May 2012

On arrival at the bed and breakfast I was warmly greeted and shown to my room, number 5, which was presentable and the bed comfortable. The en suite shower room looked newly refurbished and also had a small wash basin. There was a TV, but I didn't watch it so I can't comment further on that.
It would have been useful to have a desk or table to work at, as the small table was a bit flimsy, but I guess this B&B is mainly used by people walking and cycling rather than working as I was. It was, though, good to find wireless wifi (a fon hotspot).
The breakfast was substantial and set me up well for the day.
The village is tiny and set in beautiful countryside in rural mid Wales. There are 2 pubs which do evening meals and I went to the Blue Bell which was friendly and the food hearty.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank taith

Reviewed 6 May 2012

Excellent all round, large comfortable rooms great breakfast and a warm welcome.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Terry D
Reviewed 12 September 2010

had a huge room and my dog was very welcome nice antique furniture and everything was thought of for a comfortable stay really friendly owners. Breakfast was gorgeous with a huge bowl of fresh fruit to dig into first so yummy strawberries blueberries fresh pineapple etc Yes would make an excuse to stay again

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank archaeo13
Reviewed 12 September 2010

Friendly atmosphere, excellent home cooking, clean and tidy. Situated in beautiful surroundings, with ample opportunities for walking. Llangurig itself is small, but the locals are very friendly, and there's good local pub. There's a convenient bus service to Aberystwyth, the nearest big town, with striking views en route. Llanidloes, a very attractive small market town, is an easy and pleasant 6 mile walk away via the old road.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank StCybi
Reviewed 15 July 2010

I stayed here with a colleague for one night. We stayed in rooms 1 and 2, which have been recently refurbished, and I thought were clean and comfortable, with flatscreen digital TV, ensuite shower room and a good selection of hot drinks.
The owner welcomed us with a cup of tea and lovely home-made cake. We ate in the pub in the village.
The breakfast was one of the best I've had in a B&B for this price range - excellent fresh fruit salad and a choice of cooked breakfasts. The service was very good.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank Polipencoch
Reviewed 21 August 2006

This is a lovely small guest house with a very helpful and friendly owner. We only stayed one night whilst cycle touring but we were made very welcome indeed. The bicycles were safely stowed in the garage and the place was very comfortable.

Breakfast was fantastic, absolutely spot on. Although we didn't have the evening meal I would imagine it would be wonderful. Unfortunately for us it was only served quite early, about 7pm and we prefer to eat later.

This is a great part of the world for walking and cycling as well as an ideal base for touring Wales by car.

2  Thank toekneep

Been to The Old Vicarage Guest House? Share your experiences!