All reviews miskin manor afternoon tea wedding venue wedding reception cakes health club lovely grounds evening meal wedding breakfast lovely room four poster a lovely stay second to none food was lovely bridal suite the cottages beautiful building
Reviewed October 14, 2018

On the 7th October, my Husband and I celebrated our 50th wedding anniversary together with 40+ guests at Miskin Manor. The dining room was laid out beautifully and the food was exceptional. The staff, including all waiters and waitresses, were excellent and everyone enjoyed a wonderful day. We'd like to say a very big thank you to Miskin Manor and who knows, we may return for our 60th.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed September 27, 2018 via mobile

We had our wedding reception here a few weeks ago and we couldn’t have been happier with how everything went. The wedding team there are excellent and our co-ordinator Emily made sure our day ran smoothly.
The food was superb and the service far exceeded our expectations. We loved the decor and atmosphere. We were very happy!
A lot of our guests stayed the night and we were very impressed with the rooms. We stayed in the bridal suite and it is like a little apartment - it’s so big!
We are so glad we chose Miskin Manor for our big day and would recommend to any future couple looking for a really special experience.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Jessica P
Reviewed September 25, 2018 via mobile

We attended a wedding on 22/09/2018 at Miskin Manor. The wedding was amazing and so was the food. We stayed overnight in cottage 40 and have to say the room was great! It had plenty of space and was lovely and warm when we got in after it had been a miserable wet day. Have to say though the price of drinks is absolutely shocking! I was drinking Diet Coke/lemonade all day as I am pregnant and was shocked that this cost more than the alcohol being served. A pint of lager was £4.40 but a pint of Diet Coke/lemonade was £4.90 don’t understand how you can justify those prices! Otherwise this would have been a 5 star review.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 16, 2018 via mobile

Unfortunately a bit of a mixed review, reception staff were friendly and helpful, I guess as I had a dog with me I was allocated a dog friendly lodge. The lodge itself was very nice, and very spacious. Unfortunately the telly wouldn’t work, so I was moved to another lodge. This lodge was smaller, though it was still very nice and the telly worked. The lodge was very cold, and though there was a small electric heater in the bedroom, it didn’t have any real effect on the temperature.
I went to the lounge where I was able to sit with my dog, and have a drink and I wanted to order some food. Three times a member of staff came into the bar and on each occasion I tried to speak to him, on each occasion I was ignored by him. I then saw another member of staff walking through the bar and asked him if I could order some food. He was helpful, and took my order. However I told him that I had been ignored by the other member of staff and was told he was from the Restaurant, as if that made ignoring me ok. If he was from the Restaurant, and did not wish to serve me as I was in the bar, he should have had the decency to tell me, and get a member of staff who was willing to serve me. I found this to be ignorant and/or arrogant, and is not what I expect from hotel staff.
When I returned to the lodge, the lodge was still extremely cold, so I thought I would get into bed and sleep earlier than I would normally. At about 2.00 am, I woke up due to the excess heat. The heating must have been on a timer, and was on full blast, making it really uncomfortable. The heating went off again at about 5.00 am, so the temperature dropped again making it very very cold to get out of bed. The timing of the heating needs sorting out. Also, there were no telephones in the lodges, so in order to contact the reception, I had to search google for the hotel and use my mobile to phone them.
Breakfast was reasonable, though again staff were scarce and seemed to hang around outside the restaurant rather than in with the guests.
It was dog friendly, with nice grounds, but I didn’t really feel welcome, nor would I hurry back. Sadly of all the hotels I have reviewed, this is probably my least favourite, but has great potential with some maintenance and staff training.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank MacM828
Reviewed September 16, 2018 via mobile

After marrying abroad we had a celebration evening at Miskin Manor.
We couldn’t have been happier with everything, Rachel was completely outstanding. The food was absolutely amazingly, beautifully presented and delicious, the table service was brilliant and flawless.
The venue is stunning and perfect for any special occasion, our bedroom was beautiful with a lovely four poster bed and was well equipped.
The two ladies who worked that evening were absolutely fantastic (sorry can’t remember their names) and Pippa on reservations was also great with accommodating all our guest’s various needs.

We have had so many positive comments about the whole evening.

Thanks to everyone involved