“Super food and dog welcomed too”
Review of The Black Bull

The Black Bull
Ranked #3 of 9 Restaurants in Lauder
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Family run hotel with an emphasis on relaxing atmosphere superb food and friendly service. come visit, you won't be disappointed.
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

We popped in during a blizzard, looking for dinner. I asked if the dog could come in too and that was welcomed. We were able to eat in the bar. Not too many choices on the menu but all looked fabulous. My husband has the sirloin steak which was beautifully cooked, with really tasty veg and hand cooked chips. I went for the homemade burger which was really good too. The homemade caramelised onions were amazing!! Great service too. Highly recommended.

Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

While traveling through Scotland from Iowa, USA we stayed at the Black Bull Inn and ate dinner at the restaurant. It was excellent food with superb service. They made us feel at home.

Reviewed March 29, 2018

Stayed here with my sister on 28 MARCH 2018. Have stayed in many 4 or 5 Star hotels all over the world, but never had such good hosts as Mandy & Allan. They are so welcoming, friendly and, put simply, very sincere people. Hotels have been refurbished to a very high standard - well done Mandy. The food is also excellent and superb value for money - well done Alan & Mandy. We will most definitely be back.

1  Thank jacmac102018
Reviewed March 22, 2018

We enjoyed our dinner and esspecially liked the Hagis ball. I wasn't attracted to it in the beginning, but the taste and presentation was really good. The portions were well sized and there were vegetables served with every dish.

Reviewed March 9, 2018

Now in my third year visiting here, I stayed just 2 days after Mandy and Allan landed here! Every year we have seen it get better and better, accommodation, food and drink is simply great. The value is unbeatable. A big warm welcome.