My partner & I stayed in this hotel 2 nights ago & got the best night sleep in a long time. We had a lovely room with a seperate living area & a huge shower. We never had dinner at Broomhall but that was only because we ate at another place during our long drive down there. But the dinner menu looked superb. I will try the venison the next time we visit though. All the staff were lovely, very friendly & very helpful. My partner & I had a wee walk round Menstrie in the evening. Lovely & quiet. Just what we needed. Went to the local pub & everyone there was welcolming. Would have stayed for the local quiz night which we were invited to partake but after our 3 hour drive we were quite tired. We retired to bed later on that night & I felt I was in a giant marshmallow because of the quality of the bed, sheets & pillows. Sounds weird I know but it was great. I've been to many hotels in the past but nothing compares to Broomhall beds. We kept the window open during the night (The room was cosy but not stifling) & were woken up by the birds singing. We usually waken up to seagulls squawking! Constantly! So it was a very pleasant change. Breakfast was lovely. We aren't breakfast lovers but we had a wee taste on what was to offer & enjoyed it. I did have a look at another tables breakfast & the full breakfast looked delicious. Enjoyed it especially since we were seated in a corner window so we could enjoy the sights of the lovely surroundings.
Best hotel I have stayed in yet & I've stayed in some lovely hotels but Broomhall wins hands down because of the excellent staff, beautiful surroundings & the 'Marshmallow Bed'.
Definately recommend Broomhall to others.
P.s. My rating for the fitness centre is excellent. There is no fitness centre at Broomhill but outside is the Ochils, how much more do you want?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Broomhall Castle is a family owned hotel with 16 good quality en suite rooms having exposed stone walls and king sized or larger beds. We have two rooms with super king four poster beds for that special break. Situated 5 miles from Stirling with views of the Castle and the Wallace Monument. Enjoy a friendly and personal hotel in a great location. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity.ca, Hotels.com, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your Broomhall Castle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Broomhall Castle Menstrie
- Broomhall Castle Hotel Menstrie