See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed June 29, 2015 via mobile

Just returned from a camping trip with family. We're avid jet skiers and normally go to places like Loch Lomond, however thought we would give it a try. Well... The owner/ manager Steve I think cant do enough for you. The facilities are fantastic, the best camping showers I've ever been too. We got to camp right beside the water. My only niggle is that we camped I front of someone's caravan and he was on his balcony drunk at 3am chatting to himself, which scared the life out of me. We're wanting to come back next time and possibly stay in the hotel as aposed to camping, that way there's less hassle with pitching up and that way you really get to enjoy the loch.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed September 15, 2014

The rooms were great - modern and well thought out. This is a good stop over place for Dumfries and Galloway touring. Castle Douglas is a shopper's paradise, New Galloway has great tea shops, the coast isn't too far away plus you have the added advantage of being beside a loch! It was such a relaxing break. There was a big selection of bar food - the tempura prawns were delicious and the lasagne could feed a family! But the personal service is where this place really stands out - a puncture was fixed within 10 minutes courtesy of a call to Springholm garage, a cot was provided (which was spotless), and the jetski ride was fantastic. I didn't fancy the slide into the loch and swimming but it made the day for one member of our family!
Don't be put off by the road - you don't notice it inside or on the lochside terrace.

Room Tip: Rooms on the lochside are a dream!
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed August 29, 2014

Phoned the day before our trip on the off chance there was space and was helped by Helen to sort 2 days away for my wife and I. We stayed in a static caravan with 2 dogs and took my jet ski. The caravan was very spacious, clean with fresh bedding and towels. Flat screen tv with Freeview was great to chill out in front of at night. The slip was great for launching the jet ski and beaching mats were provided to pull the ski up onto when not using. Ski boats could be moored up on the jetty if needed. We ate at the restaurant both nights we were there and we both thought the food was really lovely (the haddock in homemade batter is to die for). The loch is brilliant for all kinds of watersports from skiing to fishing and the staff were more than helpful. I did have a good phone signal on Vodafone but used the free Wifi most of the time.
Thanks again and we will be coming back soon.
Oh, and make sure you try the Flyboarding when your there!!

Room Tip: The static caravans have a great view over the loch as do 2 of the rooms and the apartment.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank revidnortheast
Reviewed July 26, 2014

Was here last week. Let's just say not nice.. I am a lorry driver and I have had better service and food in truckstops... The staff and owner were very ignorant.. They seem to cater more for people that come with there jet ski's rather than the general public... And if I wanted frozen food cooked I would have went to farmfoods myself and cooked!!!!.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Craig C
Reviewed May 25, 2014

Very surprised lovely place to stop off at for food any time of the day. The food was very good with daily specials and the servise was good and friendly. The view over the loch was the icing on the cake. Will return.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple