“Beautiful & historic hotel above the ferry dock”
Review of Orcas Cafe

Orcas Cafe
Ranked #1 of 5 Restaurants in Orcas
Cuisines: American
Reviewed August 21, 2018

I stop here frequently when on Orcas Island. I try to arrive early for the ferry so that I have time to grab a bite to eat. It's basic pub fare, but they do a really good job! The location is excellent! It doesn't matter if it's a gorgeous sunny day or if it's raining, it is always an interesting view.

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed August 11, 2018 via mobile

The view of the harbor is spectacular. Can’t say the same about the food. Potatoes were tasteless. Sandwiches were mediocre. Service was quick.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed July 14, 2018 via mobile

Eggs were good and the service was friendly but not fast. We specifically came here early to have breakfast before the ferry and while it was good I don’t think I would go out of my way next time.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed June 16, 2018

It's a shame to have to write this, as the people that work there came across as very warm and kind. We were one of two tables in the restaurant when we were there, but we really didn't get a ton of attention from our server. When she was around, she was great, but we ran out of water and had to wait quite some time for her to get us more, even though there was only one other table.

The place has white tablecloths, but they're dirty. There were crumbs all over our table when we were seated at it. There was also stuff floating in the water they gave us. The whole place seemed like it needed a good deep cleaning...I was getting unsanitary vibes.

I'm a vegetarian, but I was very jealous of my mother and brother's burgers when they were brought to the table. Those and the fries looked like they were made with pretty decent ingredients. I had to order the vegetarian lasagna because it was the only entree that was vegetarian and not a salad, and I was very disappointed with it. The portion was gigantic, but extremely low quality, with watery sauce that definitely came out of a can, and wayy too much slimy shredded mozzarella.

I'm seeing a lot of reviews on here that say people ate here waiting for the ferry--this was why we were there as well. My advice is this: if you have the extra time and want food that blows the stuff you'll get here out of the water, head to Eastsound for dinner. If it's anything like the bakeshop I visited there earlier in the day, it's well worth the extra trouble.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed May 7, 2018 via mobile

This is our go-to spot for waiting for the ferry home. We can wait there, eat, play card games while sitting on the deck, watch ferries roll in, have espresso or a cider, and spend a good couple hours. Then leave and enjoy the park next door with some lawn dice (we brought our own) until time to return to our car. It ensures we don’t miss the ferry! The food is decent to good, not excellent, but reasonably priced and serves our purposes.

Date of visit: May 2018