“Awesome Food, HUGE portions, Friendly Staff”

Mundo Loco el Chante
Ranked #436 of 1,397 Restaurants in San Jose Metro
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed December 14, 2015

My favorite part of this place is that they have Vegetarian food! :)
They have a mixture of Caribbean food, Traditional Costa Rican food, Vegetarian, Fast food, Mexican, etc... They also have great drinks, great specials like 2x1 Cahipirinhas, and different ambiances (front street-view terrace, small restaurant area, concert hall, and green area in the back).

I've seen great bands like Sonambulo Psicotropical play here and have come to eat in several occasions. Generally there is a great atmosphere almost every day of the week, and there's great service most of the time. Sometimes they seem to be understaffed though and getting server's attention requires a LOT of effort. But overall, I definitely recommend!

Reviewed November 17, 2015

The best restaurant in Costa Rica! If you are traveling from out of town, or a gringo who has made Costa Rica your new home...I highly recommend that you visit this restaurant. The food is the best, great live music each night too!

Reviewed September 8, 2015 via mobile

Very Studenty bar, which was full of locals preparing to host a heavy metal band. Seems like a good place for drinks but don't bother for food.

We had a meal for 4 which cost around $50 which was crazy compared to other places. The serving staff were rude and unhelpful and even charged us for a extra meal they brought out which we had not ordered but they refused to take back. Even when we brought this up at the end they refused to take it off the bill!!'

Overall stay away and go elsewhere in the local area...

Reviewed June 22, 2015

After a not-so-pleasing/less-than-average first visit to Mundoloco (more than one year ago) I decided to stop by once again. There are not too many vegan/vegetarian options out there in Costa Rica, that's why a place that promotes itself as vegetarian, vegan and omnivore (says that in the big billboard sign outside) sounded great for us (my girlfriend was a 5yr vegetarian and now she is vegan, and I can eat anything). Needless to say that it was a terrible experience (like the first time, but silly me stomping with the same rock twice). 5 minutes after sitting at the table the waiter arrived with the menus, greeted us and quickly got back to the bar where he was chatting with the bartender and a girl sitting there drinking (I'm also pretty sure that the girl works there too, but might be leaving or just off shift), the guy texted a couple of times and another 5 minutes later come back to ask us what we wanted to drink, we order drinks and continue struggling with the massive menu (physically speaking.....boy that thing is huge), to our surprise there were nothing mentioned there as "vegan" though some options were stated as vegetarian and even 1 full page of the menu contained meat-free dishes. So we finally decided what to order and while the guy kept on texting we put the menus down at the table and waited.... and waited.....and waited some more until another waiter showed up and we quickly (and hungry) called him to take our order. The food arrived in a decent amount of time, I order the slider trio (3 mini burgers on a plate) and we manage to order a vegan plate of nachos for my gf after explaining him not to put cheese or sour cream on the veggie ones (they never ask or offered vegan options) fairly good flavors but not so spectacular. But definitely the downside of this place is it's service (or lack of....) for all of you vegans or vegatarians out there that want to give it a try, just go across the street to Neshuma, great service, friendly staff and awesome food even for meat eaters. I believe that the bad service here responds to 2 things, lack of managing and the size of the place, in my 2 times ther I never saw an authority figure (manager, supervisors, owners) and also the place is gigantic, they always have live music in the back ballroom, but only 3 or 4 staff of unsupervised members when the place is packed is just not enough.

Reviewed June 20, 2015 via mobile

Great place to be with some friends having a great time. Having some drinks and the music was awesome. My bf and I haven't been to a place like this for a long time. We felt good! Definitely, a place to go back. One bad thing is that the service was so slow. It took long time to get us the drinks, the food but the bill was fast. Need to improve that!