“Fabulous Find”
Review of The Diving Gannet

The Diving Gannet
Ranked #1 of 1 Coffee & Tea in St Monans
Reviewed May 13, 2018 via mobile

We found this little restaurant thus week for lunch. Nice fresh food. I had lovely local oatcakes with smoked haddock pate and fresh salad and my friend had a special board salad of freshly made quiche with salad.
Sells nice tray bakes/ scones/ soups etc
Nice staff. Good prices. Will definitely return to this little place. Great find

1  Thank maureen d

Reviewed May 1, 2018

lovely little cafe near shore in St Monans clean fresh looking cafe, lots of home made cakes to have with your tea or coffee

not a critisism but found scones large and dry for my taste, had jam & cream but needed a little butter!! also found the brie & cranberry roll would have been nicer warmed up (perhaps they coffee shop could think about offering this service)

they offer sit-in or takeaway

like all local shops a wee bit pricey

2  Thank marag123
Reviewed April 14, 2018 via mobile

We popped in to the Diving Gannet after arrival in St Monans for a few days walking. What a lovely surprise! The decor is pretty and the service prompt. We had delicious deli filled rolls and couldn’t refuse the selection of cakes - one toffee apple crumble, one blueberry. Yum! What a welcome find - St Monans needed this. Will recommend to all our friends visiting the East Neuk.

1  Thank tborder2014
Reviewed April 3, 2018 via mobile

We visited here during the school Easter holidays and was constantly busy with both sit in and take aways. The food was fresh and homemade - soups, sandwiches, cakes, coffees etc - and was scrumptious! All 3 of my kids were catered for but especially my 3 year old who received a small gannet platter which consisted of a sandwich, yoghurt, tangerine, crisps and finished off with an ice cream with sprinkles! What a winner! If you can keep the youngest happy it's a winner! Would highly recommend

Reviewed April 2, 2018 via mobile

We visited here after walking the coastal route from Ellie to St Monans. The cafe was very busy but they were able to seat us within a couple of minutes. Their menu was clearly marked with gluten free options and they had a range of cakes (not a gf chocolate brownie in sight!). I had a delicious ham and chutney roll, the roll was one of the best I’ve had, followed by a yummy orange cake. Both finished in double quick time, well I had walked a long way! My other half had a Brie and Cranberry roll, followed by chocolate Easter cake, again both vanished pretty quickly. The rolls come with crisps and salad. The staff are all really friendly and knowledgeable about GF, the manager explained that they had done a lot of market research into preferences. An added bonus was the fact the cakes were not the normal chocolate brownie. Delicious food, great cakes and friendly staff. Highly recommend a visit here.