“Back to its best.”

Cuisines: Scottish
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 14 August 2017

We have had lunch at Craig Millar's many times over the years, both when we were in Fife on holiday, and, over the past few years, whilst we have lived in the East Neuk.

A lunch a few weeks ago did not meet with my wife's approval, but given that Craig Millar's had been faultless on so many previous occasions, we decided to give it a further try. I am glad that we did.

My Duck Liver Parfait, Pea Panna Cotta and Lamb were all excellent; well devised, constructed and cooked to perfection. My wife's Smoked Mackerel and Cheese Tart, Twice Baked Souffle, Cod with Crab and Seaweed Risotto and Raspberry Parfait were, I am told, all first class.

As ever, the Wine List was extensive, with a good range, both in quality and price.

The staff have always been excellent at Craig Millar's and this occasion was no exception.

All in all, a delightful lunch.

2  Thank Stuart K
There are newer reviews for Craig Millar @ 16 West End

Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

We have eaten here several tines but this was the best so far. The menu has changed a bit and is really flexible in terms of how many courses you want. We had a lovely table at the window with an amazing view. The service was great. A lovely evening.

Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

I've visited this place many times over the years, and always wonder why it isnt better known. The setting is idyllic on the harbour with easy parking, the restaurant is so cosy and welcoming, the service is professional but not stuffy. And of course the food - Craig and his team are at the top of their game, making full-on flavours for some dishes or delicate, subtle notes for others. The quality of ingredients is superb, and I think the cooking is more confident than ever - no fussy garnishes, just outstanding flavours. And a 3 course lunch for under 30 quid is great value...must be tried!!

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

Been on our "to visit" list for a while. Very glad we made it! Wonderful food and lovely atmosphere. Sea and land options on menu both had amazing tastes to savour. We'll be back!

Reviewed 1 August 2017

Came here on a Sunday for lunch with my Grandparents. Food was delicious, served beautifully and service was good.

We felt very comfortable and the service was nice enough that we felt we could enjoy our meal without any interruptions which is something I like when visiting a restaurant. With complimentary bread, and some sweets bites with our tea and coffee at the end I was pleasantly surprised with the attention to detail.

As for the food,I couldn't fault it. The portions were the perfect size, and each one of us was left satisfied. I ordered the Smoked Haddock 'tart' for starters and it was delicious. An explosion of taste.
For my main I had the wild Sea Bass which was perfectly cooked and the rest of the meal complimented the fish wonderfully without overpowering the fish.

Overall we all thoroughly enjoyed our time here and I look forward to bringing my other half here in September for my birthday! If you are in the area or fancy travelling for some great food, then please, come here! You won't be left disappointed.