You will be zooming through sugarcane field faster than any other drive you have ever taken. For no particular reason, in this island of no-stress and absolute relaxation, Bajans run as fast as their cars let them, through steep and narrow countryside roads which will remind of you of English country in the summer.
The good news is: it will take you no time to get to the sweet and very pleasant SeaU Guesthouse. Once you spot the botanical gardens on your right hand-side, you know you have reached paradise.
The Sea-U Guesthouse is on top of a hill overlooking the Bathsheba bay, land of the surfers.
Uschi built the place in wood and traditional style 7 years ago, and then she planted meadows and hung hammocks in the garden. The sound of the ocean and the Caribbean night crickets will accompany your stay there.
A full home-made breakfast is served in the patio, sheltered from the sun and the occasional tropical rain during the season. Then you can walk down the bay, swim in natural sea-pools, or most likely, embrace your surfboard and ride on top of the bluest waves you will ever sea.
The village is small and cozy and by the end of the day you will probably have been invited by some local to share a glass of rum with friends at the rum shop. There are a few restaurants nearby, a mini-market and zillions of wonderful natural attractions.
Once you go back to your room, with a fully equipped kitchenette, you will enjoy sleeping veiled under a mosquito net and with a very silent fan on the ceiling.
Uschi will help you with arranging car rentals, give you precious tips on neighboring facilities and host you to make you feel as if you were at home, in a paradise hill in Barbados.
We stayed for only three days and cannot get over missing it! Enjoy, you cannot do anything else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A chic and affordable bed & breakfast at the lush east coast. Sea-U is tucked within a lush tropical garden along the seaside slopes of the village of Bathsheba on the east coast of Barbados, the most natural side of the island. Here you can enjoy unspoiled beaches, breathtaking views and mingle with locals. Uschi Wetzels, owner and manager and fell in love with Bathsheba and its friendly people, while working on a Barbados travel guide for a German editor. With hammocks strung between coconut palms, the Atlantic Ocean waves breaking against massive limestone boulders. Sea-U is a place for those who are looking for a decidedly significant change of pace from a busy life. The main house and the cottage are built in a traditional island style out of wood with large patios. The 10 rooms and apartments are decorated with mahogany furniture, louver window treatments, rattan chairs, locally handcrafted clay lamps and batik art. Sea-U's welcoming staff provides knowledgeable information. The atmosphere is relaxed, and guests quickly become friends. Green Globe certified, close to Andromeda Botanical Gardens and world class surfing at Soup Bowl. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Travelocity.ca so you can book your Sea-U Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sea-u Guest House Hotel Bathsheba
- Sea-U Guest House Barbados/Bathsheba