If you want to take time out and relax in a casual, understated, lovely, well-maintained place, SeaUGuest House is for you. We stayed 4 nights in Suite 9 (owner's suite) and had a great experience. The suite was immaculate, had a great jacuzzi, wonderful covered porch with great sea views, ample lounge space and kitchen.
The staff at Sea U was delightful and very helpful. Incredibly well-organized and very nice. Most important, the other guests were well-travelled, interesting, polite and a plasure to meet. This is a rare, quiet oasis on the east coast of Barbados - the least developed area of the island. Breakfast time was an excellent time to share tips with fellow travellers. Honor bar system worked well. Small, but good selection of wine and beer. We ate at Atlantis next door several evenings - wonderful outdoor space with good food and wine. Highly recommend Seau- would not have stayed anywehre else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A chic and affordable bed & breakfast at the lush east coast. Sea-U is tucked within a lush tropical garden along the seaside slopes of the village of Bathsheba on the east coast of Barbados, the most natural side of the island. Here you can enjoy unspoiled beaches, breathtaking views and mingle with locals. Uschi Wetzels, owner and manager and fell in love with Bathsheba and its friendly people, while working on a Barbados travel guide for a German editor. With hammocks strung between coconut palms, the Atlantic Ocean waves breaking against massive limestone boulders. Sea-U is a place for those who are looking for a decidedly significant change of pace from a busy life. The main house and the cottage are built in a traditional island style out of wood with large patios. The 10 rooms and apartments are decorated with mahogany furniture, louver window treatments, rattan chairs, locally handcrafted clay lamps and batik art. Sea-U's welcoming staff provides knowledgeable information. The atmosphere is relaxed, and guests quickly become friends. Green Globe certified, close to Andromeda Botanical Gardens and world class surfing at Soup Bowl. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Travelocity.ca so you can book your Sea-U Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sea-u Guest House Hotel Bathsheba
- Sea-U Guest House Barbados/Bathsheba