This was the best vacation that my wife & I have ever taken. Top top it off, we stayed here at the Sea-U Guest House. The room was huge and quite comfortable. There are no glass windows here because you do not need them! A mosquito net was provided but I only saw one mosquito during our entire stay in Barbados. The sounds of the waves (quite loud day and night) and the smell of the sea-spray was fantastic.
Eating at the Sea-U was a daily treat. Breakfast included eggs & bacon, toast, banana bread, & coffee or tea. We ate dinner here every other day when it included some of the local seafood, yams, & plantains. An "Honesty Bar" was offered that included a variety of beers, wines and spirits including local rum and of course RUM PUNCH! The rum punch at the Sea-U was some of the best offered in Barbados.
The staff was friendly, helpful, and when the week was over we were very sad to say good-bye to them! For getting around beautiful Barbados they helped with bus information, booking taxi's and rental cars, and even suggestions of local hiking and site seeing opportunities.
We are planning on returning to the Sea-U because it was great and there are a number of things we simply didn't have time to do in our first trip including: a guided local hike, yoga instruction, massage, surfing, and more Bajan cuisine.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A chic and affordable bed & breakfast at the lush east coast. Sea-U is tucked within a lush tropical garden along the seaside slopes of the village of Bathsheba on the east coast of Barbados, the most natural side of the island. Here you can enjoy unspoiled beaches, breathtaking views and mingle with locals. Uschi Wetzels, owner and manager and fell in love with Bathsheba and its friendly people, while working on a Barbados travel guide for a German editor. With hammocks strung between coconut palms, the Atlantic Ocean waves breaking against massive limestone boulders. Sea-U is a place for those who are looking for a decidedly significant change of pace from a busy life. The main house and the cottage are built in a traditional island style out of wood with large patios. The 10 rooms and apartments are decorated with mahogany furniture, louver window treatments, rattan chairs, locally handcrafted clay lamps and batik art. Sea-U's welcoming staff provides knowledgeable information. The atmosphere is relaxed, and guests quickly become friends. Green Globe certified, close to Andromeda Botanical Gardens and world class surfing at Soup Bowl. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sea-U Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sea-u Guest House Hotel Bathsheba
- Sea-U Guest House Barbados/Bathsheba