First time in Bathsheba but not in Barbados. We chose the sea u , from trip advisor reviews and were not disappointed. We stayed in room 4, which had windows, and breezes on three sides and even at this time of year did not have to turn on the fan! The room was very comfortable and spotless . The views from the verandah are beautiful, and it is one of the most peaceful places we have stayed at, with no tv, radio or IPod docking station in sight, it was a refreshing chance. Although they do not serve dinner every night, it was great to sit own and meet our fellow holiday makers at dinner, who were a cross section of ages and nationalities.
Make sure you visit the Atlantis for the lobster, a two minute walk, or the Roundhouse for a salad and a wonderful view. You need a car to stay here but that gives you the opportunity to visit the many uncommercial deserted beaches within a 10 minute drive.
Can't fault the sea u, it's guests or the staff. Will put on the, "must visit again list!"
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A chic and affordable bed & breakfast at the lush east coast. Sea-U is tucked within a lush tropical garden along the seaside slopes of the village of Bathsheba on the east coast of Barbados, the most natural side of the island. Here you can enjoy unspoiled beaches, breathtaking views and mingle with locals. Uschi Wetzels, owner and manager and fell in love with Bathsheba and its friendly people, while working on a Barbados travel guide for a German editor. With hammocks strung between coconut palms, the Atlantic Ocean waves breaking against massive limestone boulders. Sea-U is a place for those who are looking for a decidedly significant change of pace from a busy life. The main house and the cottage are built in a traditional island style out of wood with large patios. The 10 rooms and apartments are decorated with mahogany furniture, louver window treatments, rattan chairs, locally handcrafted clay lamps and batik art. Sea-U's welcoming staff provides knowledgeable information. The atmosphere is relaxed, and guests quickly become friends. Green Globe certified, close to Andromeda Botanical Gardens and world class surfing at Soup Bowl. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Travelocity.ca so you can book your Sea-U Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sea-u Guest House Hotel Bathsheba
- Sea-U Guest House Barbados/Bathsheba