I booked 4 nights at the Sea U Guest house in April 2008. It was around 7pm when I left the airport and started my journey to the Sea U guest house. The only information I had on the guest house were the reviews and photos on trip advisor along with the information on Sea U’s website. The route on the way to the guest house was dark and desolate which had me feeling a little apprehensive about staying there. I started wondering what I had gotten myself into but from the first moment I saw the main house my apprehension vanished and after I got to my room, cottage #7, I absolutely loved the place. The room was simply furnished and very, very clean. Cottage #7 did not have a television, phone, radio, microwave or stove in the room. There was a four poster bed, a small refrigerator, an air conditioner, two wicker chairs with a table, and a coffee pot. The bathroom has a tub with hot and cold water. There were two wraps instead of robes next to the double doors that led to the porch where there was of all things……………………. a hammock. PURE NIRVANA. The room has wooden louvers in the doors and windows which allows the fresh air to constantly circulate throughout the room. There is a small restaurant where complimentary breakfast is served and this consists of toast, butter/margarine and/or jelly, coconut and banana bread, cereal, milk and orange juice, coffee and tea. For the extra items like bacon & eggs or fresh seasonal fruit etc., there is a nominal charge. There is a small bench where you can sit and watch the ocean and not far from the bench there are hammocks between the coconut trees where you can relax and enjoy the unbelievably peacefulness and serenity of the Sea U guest house. A short stroll from the Sea U guest house is the Atlantis hotel that has a delicious lunch buffet that is worth trying. There is a bus stop on the main road a short walk from Sea U where you can get a bus to the store to pick up supplies. The Andromeda Gardens is a 10 minute walk from the Sea U guest house and a 5 minute walk in the opposite direction is a beautiful park by the beach in Bathsheba. It can be very quiet at night at the guest house but in Bathsheba, opposite the park by the beach, you can find food and entertainment. Uschi and the staff at the Sea U are so pleasant and attentive that your stay seems more like a home away from home. BELIEVE…..The photos and the reviews about the Sea U guest house are TRUE. I would highly recommend the Sea U guest house if you want to experience a totally different and pleasant Bajan experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A chic and affordable bed & breakfast at the lush east coast. Sea-U is tucked within a lush tropical garden along the seaside slopes of the village of Bathsheba on the east coast of Barbados, the most natural side of the island. Here you can enjoy unspoiled beaches, breathtaking views and mingle with locals. Uschi Wetzels, owner and manager and fell in love with Bathsheba and its friendly people, while working on a Barbados travel guide for a German editor. With hammocks strung between coconut palms, the Atlantic Ocean waves breaking against massive limestone boulders. Sea-U is a place for those who are looking for a decidedly significant change of pace from a busy life. The main house and the cottage are built in a traditional island style out of wood with large patios. The 10 rooms and apartments are decorated with mahogany furniture, louver window treatments, rattan chairs, locally handcrafted clay lamps and batik art. Sea-U's welcoming staff provides knowledgeable information. The atmosphere is relaxed, and guests quickly become friends. Green Globe certified, close to Andromeda Botanical Gardens and world class surfing at Soup Bowl. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Travelocity.ca so you can book your Sea-U Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sea-u Guest House Hotel Bathsheba
- Sea-U Guest House Barbados/Bathsheba