All reviews beach bar beautiful beach golf cart main building glass of champagne destination wedding french chef ocean view pink sand sip sip hotel grounds just returned from a week boogie boards the general manager the cottages lounge chairs crystal clear water
Reviewed April 19, 2016

This is my 7 th stay in this excellent establishment. Great boutique hotels with an excellent service by an excellent staff. The french chef is just outstanding. very nice international clientele, it is the place to be.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends
Silma S, Owner at Coral Sands Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2016

Dear guest,
Thank you for your feedback.

We are striving to making it even better than it is now!!!

We totally agree about our chef Ludo. He is absolutely amazing.

Looking forward to welcoming you back for your 8th stay at Coral Sands.

Thank you.

Reviewed April 1, 2016

My wife and our two teenage kids just spent five perfect days at Coral Sands. While my wife and I had visited Coral Sands before, we wanted to bring our children to experience such a wonderful place. We had an ocean view suite in the Lucaya building which was spacious and beautiful. Everything from the friendly staff, the delicious meals and of course...the BEAUTIFUL beach was perfect. We highly recommend a visit to this gem of a resort on a beautiful island. Thank you Coral Sands!!!!

--The Sullivan Family

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank tsullivan2016

Hello Sullivan family,

Are so very happy that your family enjoyed our resort, our island and our wonderful beach. We are very proud of all three!

Bringing children, specially teenagers, to the island and to the resort is always very special. It will make memories for them as they get older.

We hope you return and visit come back and visit us again in the future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed March 7, 2016

We were bumming around the Bahamas for three weeks and decided take the fiery from Nassau to Harbour Island for a day trip and loved it so much that we decided to stay the night.
After asking several locals where they recommended we stay, all recommended the Coral Sands. We wondered into their front desk and they were happy to accommodate us in a ocean view room for one night. The lobby is classy and simple with a great bar and billiards room. it's classic "Tommy Bahama" post card style....very classy. Our room was absolutely lovely, large, and decorated with a beautiful sea horse beachy theme. The bathroom was large with a large shower equipped with a rain shower head. One detail that I loved is that there is a small makeup desk in the room with a stool so that one can be getting ready while the bath is occupied. My only complaint about the room is that the floor was a bit dusty...probably because housekeeping was rushed to turn over the room to accommodate us. The view from our room was wonderful! I enjoyed sitting on the balcony enjoying the beautiful view and having the balcony doors open listening to the waves while lying in bed. We travel a lot and have stayed at many 5 star hotels, and I would say that this room is in my top three favorite rooms that we have stayed in. The hotel property was gorgeous and well maintained. we enjoyed cocktails at the beach bar and loved our time on the beach. The towel hut employees were friendly and offered bikes, paddle boards, skim boards and other beach toys complimentary. We absolutely enjoyed our relaxing stay at Coral Sands and Harbour Island and will stay longer next winter when we are back bumming around the Bahamas.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 8 and it was absolutely lovely
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Katherine E

Hello,
Thank you for posting such a thorough and precise review.

We are so happy that you got to experience our island and specifically our resort.

Please consider staying with us longer when you come back to the Bahamas, we would love to welcome you back.

Regards,

Reviewed March 3, 2016

Harbour Island is a lovely, laid back little place and Coral Sands Hotel is a small, beautiful hotel right on one of the most beautiful beaches and turquoise seas I have ever come across. There are various categories of rooms, we had a standard sea view with balcony and it was great, a modern, large room, with sizeable balcony and fantastic views across pool and beach and sea, (One small suggestion, the balcony doors would benefit from hooks to stop them banging shut when it is windy!) Food and wine is expensive anywhere on the island, but the hotel prices were in keeping, no more expensive, and the food was delicious! The pool are was nicely laid out and comfortable, nice fluffy towels provided for pool and beach, and the beach area just superb (albeit a bit windy at times as faces the ocean!). There is a dining terrace for dinner and breakfast, nicely furnished, and also a lovely beach bar for lunch with good food and stunning views over the beach and sea. Most of the staff were very friendly and helpful, and Pamela, the general manager, was always available if needed and extremely friendly and helpful. There is only one minor thing we would criticise, which is that the inclusive continental breakfasts were a bit repetitive. It might be better to consider making this more of a buffet instead of all served? Better for guests who could take just what they want, less waste and less labour intensive for the staff. But apart from that minor issue, I would thoroughly recommend this beautiful little gem of a place!!

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 22Penelope
Reviewed February 27, 2016

It is well worth the effort to get there!!! A small island getaway that WILL not disappoint. The Coral Sands is about 1 mile walk from the small marina when you arrive, or arrange to have a golf cart or someone pick you up. I traveled alone w/ backpack and enjoy the walking. By the second day the staff calls you by name. The rooms in the main building are recently renovated & spectacular. Crate & Barrel meet Bahamas style with class and beauty. I stayed in main building w/ great view of property & ocean, my room was always clean, amazingly, no sand in the rooms even though it's on the beach! The bathroom was huge, w/ walk-in shower & beautiful modern take on claw style tub. I stayed during the off season so the hotel had some guests, but plenty of quiet time to relax. Off season also means that many in-town stores, bars, and places are closed. But this couldn't have been more relaxing. The beach is REALLY pink! It is free of rocks or shells, just long soft pink sand. Amazing! If you are a morning person, catch the sunrises they are spectacular & breath taking. Then walk to the other side of island for a sunset at the end of the day. It's just a top notch place in an amazing location. Matthew at the beach bar was wonderful, great personality, friendly & good conversation. Cherry & Herman & whole staff wonderful. Herman went out of his way, recognizing me as I wandered the town streets at night and joined me as one of the groups did a Jankunu practice parade. I loved hearing & learning the culture from him. I took the time to eat at the hotel - the food was unbelievable. A Grouper Chef's special amazing ($37) and Bahamian French toast breakfast. Look for my restaurant review too. This place has beautiful rooms and personal beach front/private beach entrance cottages for a romantic wedding or honeymoon. Many of the guests I spoke to were newlyweds. The owners & manager Pamela are great at personalized wedding, honeymoon or engagement planning. Some tips: 1] If you don't like walking, rent a golf cart or bike from Michael's Cycles. I walked mostly, but rented a bike (Michael's) for a day ($15) less than expected but prob. off season price. Don't worry, Mike's rental is tucked next to what looks like an old gas station shop, but he & staff are friendly & honest. I rode all thru the island all night visiting different places. Lots of fun. Tried the Narrows, but it's rough/steep and probably not for bikes. But rode from North end to south end. 2] Enjoy and try everything. BTW, the sterno's keep the flies away when eating in open air places. Stop in for Conch at Queen conch, enjoy a drink and fritters at Valentines Harbour Restaurant, Aquapazza among others. 3] don't hesitate to ask for help, advice or planning from the staff.

Room Tip: I had Main Building upstairs corner, 2 balconies. But most any ocean view shold be magnificent.
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled solo