Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
William J
Rhode Island

Wonderful Aniversary at the Coral Sands

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Aug 25, 2021
My wife and I recently stayed 10 nights at the Coral Sands Hotel to celebrate our wedding anniversary and we highly recommend it for anyone looking for a casual, relaxed getaway in what I can only describe as paradise. The hotel accommodations are wonderful. We stayed in an ocean view room in the main building which was large, comfortable and exceptionally clean. The hotel offers evening turndown service and the house keeping staff did an exceptional job of making sure the room was disinfected each day to ease any concerns due to COVID. Additionally, any request we made for extra amenities were promptly taken care of. Our room had a beautiful view of the ocean and overlooked the infinity pool. All, and I need to emphasize all, of the staff that worked the front desk, the bar, restaurant, beach bar and stand that provided towels and items for beach activities such as kayaks and paddle boards were welcoming, accommodating, friendly and made sure our every need was taken care of to our satisfaction. Everything we read before our vacation about how friendly the people on Harbour Island are certainly was true at the Coral Sands. The beach was exactly what we were looking for in a vacation. It was never crowded, and the water was always warm and exceptionally clear. The food at the restaurant and beach bar was excellent and always prepared as requested and served with a smile. Additionally, there are other quality restaurants a short walk from the hotel that are very good on nights when you are looking for some variety. One final comment about management of the hotel. Throughout our stay the general manager was on site and would often converse with us and other guests to make sure we had everything we needed and that we were enjoying ourselves. Anyone looking for a relaxing vacation on a beautiful uncrowded beach needs to consider Coral Sands. We are glad we did and have already booked our return for 2022.
Date of stay: July 2021
Room Tip: Ocean view Rooms are an excellent choice
5.0 of 5 bubblesValue
0.7 km from Coral Sands Hotel
Beachfront
Restaurant
View more hotels in Harbour Island
All reviews beach bar main building golf cart pink sand gorgeous beach boogie boards ocean front hotel restaurant the general manager spent a week queen conch yogurt rock house grouper other resorts pam wedding
Selected filters
Reviewed August 17, 2021 via mobile

We recently stayed at Coral Sands (again) in July. The hotel is simply the BEST on the island! We stayed in one of the hotel's incredible ocean-front cottages - wow - out of this world!!!!! I cannot recommend this hotel enough. The staff is so wonderful - friendly, accommodating and fun! Food, service and amenities are excellent!!! We've visited Harbour Island many times both as a couple and with family and all experiences are made even better at Coral Sands. We can't wait to be back!!!!

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank snowm305
Reviewed August 17, 2021 via mobile

Love this place! We had such a wonderful and relaxing stay at Coral Sands. It is a great hotel. It is a four star hotel with some five star qualities. The front desk crew is awesome and went above and beyond to make our experience perfect. The first night they asked if we needed help with diner reservations which is a big deal on Harbour Island. I knew from previous stays to make your dinner reservations well in advance but they helped with the one night I hadn’t booked anything. They also helped with anything I needed during our stay. The housekeeping staff is also phenomenal. They figured out after the first night we needed extra towels I never had to ask. I also felt like they knew the exact time to clean our room and were fast and efficient. The room was always spotless. I felt really safe during Covid staying here. The hotel also offers turndown service which makes for a luxurious and comfortable stay. The hotel is kid friendly with beach toys. We loved lunch at the beachfront restaurant but I think this could be improved. The menu could use with more daily specials and more vegan options. Eating here got old fast. I feel like this could be the best restaurant on Pink Sands with an updated menu. The dinner restaurant needs better lighting. Here is where there’s room for improvement. Overall loved our stay and will be back. Coral Sands has the right balance of luxury and laidback Bahamian vibes!

Room tip: Any room with a view of the ocean is a must!!!
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank misslittleraven
Reviewed June 20, 2021

The beach is 10/10 but the beach is the only beach on Harbour island which you can access from any beach front hotel/home. The price point is lower here so everything is relative service/style-wise. My main takeaways are that my partner and I are working remotely so our most important need was good wifi. We have been using an amazing travel agent for the last nine months who was told by Pamela (the GM) it was good. We barely had 2.5MbS for our stay of a week and actually had to leave the hotel early because of the significantly slow internet that didn't load at all. I realise people generally won't be coming here to work so it isn't the most important factor for most travellers but for 3 days there wasn't wifi AT ALL in the rooms. Of course, it's a tiny island with low power and it's a pertinent issue throughout especially when it is to do with the weather. The real fustrating thing was Pamela constantly telling us it's 'the same throughout the Caribbean and Harbour island' (not our experience in the rest of the Caribbean where we have been travelling extensively across since September last year but that we went next door on our last night - to the Dunmore hotel and they had internet 25 x as fast. It is of course significantly more expensive but the fact that they couldn't or didn't want to pay for better wifi wiring is astonishing. Anyway...onto things you care more about. Tremmie does a great rum punch that isn't sweet. Stephanie at reception and Nina were superstars and very helpful and kind with all of my requests for reservations, medical needs, printing and golf cart hire etc and Rose was our favourite housekeeper. The most important thing to note is that between 4pm-6.30pm all restaurants are closed and the beach bar closes at 5. I like to have tea in the afternoon and this wasn't possible, it's a hassle to even get water. There is NO POOL SERVICE at all at anytime of day. I know it's one of the cheaper hotels on the island but still. If you are paying $800 a night and you cant get a drink by the pool at 5pm there is a problem. The breakfast staff are generally slow, I got my own coffee several times in the mornings. Some are friendly and some practically throw your food down onto the table it depends. The beach bar is good - the bugers are fantastic and it's lovely to sit down there at the bar until 5pm. Housekeeping often had to bring some fresh towels back later (We do always request a few extra towels but if a hotel doesn't have a spare 5 towels in lieu of laundry that's a bad sign)
Overall the place is run on very little money and it shows. The rooms are nicer than the common areas and clean and spacious but everything else is lack lustre.

Room tip: Ocean View but even if you don't get a full ocean view some other rooms have decent partial ocean views.
Date of stay: June 2021
1  Thank iamlostandfound
Coral Sands Hotel, Owner at Coral Sands Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2021

Dear Guest,

We are sorry that you had such a bad experience with the internet. As you said, most people do not come to Harbour Island to work. We provide Wi-Fi free of charge as an amenity due to the fact that most people expect to have wi-fi everywhere they go. We do have challenges in our three mile island, specially since our rooms are not contained in one building, but rather individual buildings and cottages within our property. I believe our General Manager did offer her office for you to have your zoom meetings.

Unfortunately, I cannot agree with you that the place is run on very little money nor that we are the cheapest hotel on the island.

I am sorry you did not get to drink your tea--I am sure we could have arranged it.

I do apologize for the breakfast staff. We will definitely make it a point to speak to them.

As to the towels, not sure why you would state that we do not have 5 extra towels, I would have invited you to visit our laundry room to see otherwise, but I must apologize if the staff led you to that conclusion.

I hope you give Harbour Island another chance as it is a beautiful and friendly island.

Reviewed May 14, 2021 via mobile

Coral Sands is one of the luxury hotels on the beach side on Harbour Island. With a very open lobby downstairs, leading to the dining room, which leads to the pools and down to the beach bar, down to the beach.. including a game room with the library, a pool table and games for the family, great in case you’re stuck in bad weather.
Outside it is well-landscaped providing lots of privacy and there is a whole building that is the hotel gym and there is a tennis court down at the bottom of the property. Hotel guests will find paddle board, kayaks, inner tubes, boogie boards, snorkeling gear, umbrellas, chairs and towels all provided free at the beach or poolside.

If you come in your own golf cart there is free parking because on the island there really aren’t cars. A very good continental breakfast is included every day, but so many people order special cooked to order breakfast because they do a great job there. Guests come down the beach from the other nearby resorts for breakfast and lunch often, especially because Coral Sands offers very good value for these meals, and even for dinner.

As you would expect there is A/C, Wi-Fi, flat screen TVs, room service (hair dryer, ironing board, refrigerator, Molton Brown toiletries and the extra little touches like Q-tips and cotton balls and a lot of hangers in the closet).

We visited almost every other property on this side of the island and really decided that for the best value, for the best resources, and for easy access to “town”, Coral Sands would be our choice where we would go back.

Date of stay: May 2021
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank VirginiaCW
Reviewed April 17, 2021

One of the best resorts I’ve visited. Receptionists are extremely helpful and friendly, great staff. The decor is a beach chic. This hotel has everything you could want on vacation, you can lay by the pool or beach, we also played tennis, went kayaking or there’s a pool table and great Gym. The restaurant has amazing menu of fresh fish, salads and sandwiches and a fun beach bar with the best Rum Punch! Highly recommend for any type of trip family, friends or couples retreat! Very COVID safe!

Date of stay: April 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ncdermond