All reviews pineapple room yogurt sip sip chair covers boutique hotel palm room asian suite golf cart beach bag the entire staff seahorse room impeccable service our honeymoon an amazing place small hotel every aspect the main house
Reviewed July 28, 2018

I had a wonderful stay at The Rock House. I stayed in the Pineapple room which I LOVED, particularly in the morning with the balcony overlooking the Bay where I often had my breakfast. The vibe is very cosy, small and intimate.
Eli and Jasmine were always around to help, the rest of the staff lovely and helpful. I didn't mind that the room was off the dining room, it was festive and never noisy, It felt very homey to me. The beach bags were great, as was Suzanne at the beach. The food in the restaurant was fabulous and delish. The beach bags were great, as was Suzanne at the beach, As others have mentioned, a golf cart is a must, although mine was a bit sluggish and rickety it got me where I needed to be. I would HIGHLY recommend the Rock House!

Room Tip: I would look into rooms not in the main building with a view of the Bay, but staying in the main building was still a great experience.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank _rrtollin
Eli K, General Manager at Rock House, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2018

Hi Robbie,

Thank you for staying with us at Rock House and taking the time to write such a “Lovely” review! We look forward to your next visit hopefully sometime soon.

Reviewed July 23, 2018

Absolutely loved staying at Rock House in Harbour Island. we were in the Seahorse room which was wonderful! - very spacious, big bathroom/shower and extremely convenient little porch room that we used as a post beach room - great place to dump your beach bag, etc and not track sand into your room. it is also directly off the pool which was great. cant say enough great things about Rock House. the staff are wonderful and extremely accommodating. they assisted us with booking fishing trips, snorkeling trips and in-room massage. complimentary breakfast is also an added bonus since the island can be quite expensive. the restaurant for dinner is a MUST. everyone we talked to on the island said its their favorite restaurant and they werent lying! it was delicious. even though the property is not on the beach, it has great views of the bay and when you have your own golf cart - only a 2 minute cruise to the beach. once you get to the beach, they have your chairs and umbrella ready and waiting for you. then the amazing Susanne will bring you drinks down from SipSip. other option is to bring a cooler of bevs with you which the hotel provides (cooler and ice that is). juit was also the best priced room we found! st do yourself a favor and stay at Rock House.

Room Tip: SeaHorse - great price, conveniently located off pool, large bathroom, very spacious room
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Eli K, General Manager at Rock House, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2018

Hi Kendall,

Thank you for staying with us at Rock House and taking your time to write such an “amazing” review! We can wait for your next visit hopefully sometime soon.

Reviewed July 15, 2018 via mobile

The hotel itself is nice and very close to the dock. Food at the restaurant is top notch—best in the Island. Hubby and I were in the Pineapple Room. It was spacious and we loved the balcony. There are many nice touches here, such as cute Welcome Note with complimentary drinks, ice chest and beach gear readily available and friendly staff. The drawbacks are being in the main house it gets pretty loud during the restaurants dinner hour—you can hear and feel everything. You also lose the privacy of your balcony as dinner guests sitting outdoors can see you. Lastly as guests, you’re unable to use the pool during dinner service as the bar is open and diners are along the pool. The only day dinner isn’t served is Monday. So we were reduced to early swims or after 10:30pm swims. I will say it is very quaint and quiet by 10:45p. The beach location is great and Suzanne is a breath of fresh air! I do recommend a golf cart to the beach. Though it’s walking distance your up/down hill and in the humidity it gets very tiring. PS—be sure to double back to the beach after dark. Total beautiful seclusion! Overall I’d stay again, just in a cottage off the main house.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Eli K, General Manager at Rock House, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2018

Thank you for staying with us at the Rock House and taking the time to share your experience. Yes, rooms in our main house can be noisy due to the dining room area until 11pm which we mention on our booking sites. However, we do have other rooms in our garden area which are quieter which I recommend for your future stay. Our pool is open to our hotel guest we just close it during dinner service as guest are dining pool side. We are delighted you enjoyed your overall experience and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed July 9, 2018 via mobile

This was my 3rd time to Harbour Island but first Rock House stay. I was inspired to stay here after a wonderful dinner we had at the restaurant during the last stay and the rave reviews of some friends we made.

I’m so glad we took their advice! It was a hot but short walk from the dock (we didn’t have much luggage) and we were promptly checked in even though it was fairly early. (1pm)

The complimentary frozen goombay smashes are AMAZING!

Our room was in the main house, but surprisingly quiet after dinner hours and in the morning. Definitely need to lock the door as guests tend to not read the clearly labeled doors and many tried to open our door as the bathroom.

The good: charming, spacious room, love the beach setup and coolers, and the dining quality. The Beach was so quiet by the rock house area compared to coral sands, and conveniently located near sip sip and the other hotels for lunch.

The not bad but not good: some of the staff just aren’t that friendly. Other places on the island are much more customer oriented and genuinely happy to help. I felt that some staff here felt they were doing us a favor when we asked for clean coffee cups, ice for the cooler, or help with a faulty golf cart. I was most disappointed with their handling of the golf cart they arranged for us. We had many issues with it (see below) and they really didn’t seem to care. The coral sands staff actually helped us resolve the issues.

My advice: if you stay here, make sure you rent a golf cart. Although the hotel is centrally located, it is hot and just much easier to explore if you have a golf cart. Also, take advantage of the cooler - easy to stock up on beer, wine, drinks, and water to take to the beach. Bring some earplugs and an eye mask if you are a light sleeper. Definitely eat here! And often.

BUT do not rent from daybreak! We went through 3 golf carts during 7 days... all had issues - some inoperable, some tolerable. Check prices too - they range from $40 to $60 a day depending on the place.

Overall, we will be back!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
Eli K, General Manager at Rock House, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2018

Thank you for staying with us at Rock House and taking the time to share your experience. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your overall stay but would like to apologize for the challenges encountered. We appreciate you bringing it to our attention in order to continue to improve upon our service moving forward. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed July 2, 2018

Rock House definitely lives up to it's reputation of the best hotel on the island. The hotel is located a block from the dock and along the main street on the bay. It is easy to get to and has the best view of the sunset on the island. They have a great pool with plenty of cabanas to accommodate every guest. The bar is right by the pool and the hotel has the best pina coladas! Rock House is busy every night serving dinner as they have an excellent menu. The restaurant is also the best on the island; many vacationers that stay at other hotels make it a point to dine there at least one evening. Another great perk of the hotel is the access the beach chairs and umbrellas right outside of Sip Sip on the beach. You can even order drinks from the beach and your orders can be billed directly to your room which is really convenient. Above all, the staff is really professional and took really good care of us. They gave us great tips on how to navigate the island and maximize our vacation experience. By far the best vacation we have ever had!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Josie E
Eli K, General Manager at Rock House, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2018

Hi Josie,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to share your experience! We truly appreciate it and look forward to welcoming you back soon.