All reviews rooster tail golf cart boathouse restaurant dive shop rooms are large washer dryer pink sand beach conch chowder chairs and umbrellas huge yachts water taxi we've stayed queen conch can't wait to go back junior suite goombay smash sip sip
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My husband and I escape to Harbour Island as often as we can from Miami, and Valentines is a must. We have stayed on property in a lovely, comfy, large room and have enjoyed the restaurant on property. From there you can relax and catch the sunset while the staff always engages you and caters to your every need. Conveniently located and charming as the island itself, we will always enjoy visiting Valentines Resort.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Beth W, Manager at Valentines Resort and Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for making us your home when visiting Harbour Island. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Amazing is all I can say! We travel frequently and have never experienced anything better. From the spacious and very clean room, to the food and wonderful hostess Adamma.
If there are more friendly people on our planet, I am not sure where you would find them. Leaving the Island soon, but definitely on our list to revisit, and Valentines will be our choice, for sure.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends

It was our pleasure making this your most memorable stay. Revisit soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Let me preface this review by stating I travel very frequently, all over the world. I am a Marriott Platinum Elite member, and the first half of our honeymoon was spent in Eleuthera at the French Leave resort which was utterly amazing. This hotel was recommended to me as it was a “Preferred” hotel. But Preferred over what? It’s basically an overpriced motel 6. We chose the hotel as it had a marina for our boat. What a mistake. This is one of the worst hotels I have stayed at in a long time, and it’s a shame this had to be on our honeymoon.

To begin, the lock on our door was broken. No worries, we said, we’ll have lunch at the restaurant while you fix it. Except an hour later, lock was still broken and we made a round trip back to the front desk. Only one person ever seems to be on staff there. Waited (calmly) 20 more minutes to be let into the room again. Nobody was in a hurry and the girl at the front told us she would “call to check” to see if the lock was now fixed. I asked for a different room as the hotel is mostly empty. We were told it was fixed. The next time we try and it’s broken again. One more round trip to the front lugging all of our things (there is no bellhop at this $400/night hotel) and we again wait another 30 minutes, this time quite angry. This time we are moved to a new room, but we’ve already made 3 trips to the front and waited an hour for this. No apologies from the hotel, nothing. We asked to speak to the manager and were told he was not available.

The room is very, very run down and old. We asked for the shower head to be replaced. It was so old water barely dribbled out of it. They did do this for us, probably only because we had made friends with the maintenance man by this time due to the lock debacle. But the rooms look like they are badly in need of refurbishing, and there are chickens running wild that will wake you up crowing outside your window at 4 AM. If you’re into a farm stay, this is a good place, but not what I was looking for on a honeymoon.

We ordered room service from their restaurant, and they were unable to figure out what room we were in. How does this happen? I have no idea. They took our breakfast eggs to the wrong room. Then, in typical fashion for this place, once the restaurant realized the error, and the other guest sent our breakfast back, they brought THE SAME cold breakfast to our correct room (after calling us ON THE ROOM PHONE to ask what room we were in - somehow they seemed to know?). I guess they figured cold eggs were just fine for a $75 breakfast. Still calmly, we took the food back to the restaurant and asked them what the issue was. They were clear with us about how they couldn’t figure out our room. And now the best part. Instead of offering to comp our breakfast, their only offer was to make us the same breakfast again in the restaurant and charge us the room service price and delivery fee on top of it, even though we had given up on room service and were just eating at the restaurant. We asked to speak to the manager AGAIN and were told he was unavailable. Then we were told how he had very generously agreed to “pay for our breakfast” - except WE paid for our breakfast since he wouldn’t remove the charge for the crappy food, all he did was replace it at the restaurant.

To top it all off, the marina operator couldn’t find our marina reservation and wouldn’t let our boat dock in the (empty) marina while he tried to fix his mistake. We had to float for 15 minutes off to the side while he figured out his mistake, before he would even let us pull up to his silly dock. And he was RUDE the entire time - not sorry at all.

We are halfway through our stay here and thinking of checking out and going to another hotel on the island. Please don’t make the same mistake I did and stay here. If you have problems or issues, nobody will care since there does not seem to be a manager running the place at all. Maybe this mysterious “manager” will surface when he reads this review. I’m guessing so.

But please, stay somewhere else and don’t make the same mistake I did.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

We thank you for your review. I apologize and I am sorry that we did not provide you with a superb vacation experience. Please know that we do strive to maintain the highest quality of service however, for you and your husband, we did not. Our team takes your comments very seriously and I assure you we will work diligently in the future to prevent similar fails. I had a meeting with our management team today and we went through your review line by line. Your stay is a teachable moment for us and I am treating this as if it were a Harvard case study!
Senior managers were on property the entire weekend; unfortunately senior managers including me we were not apprised of your circumstance in time to take necessary corrective action. Your concerns certainly should have been addressed to your satisfaction immediately. We are also sorry you had to depart early as your daughter wasn’t feeling well, we trust she is ok.

Please know we value you as a guest and I would like to invite you back for a complimentary stay at Valentines. If you accept or would like to further discuss how we can provide a solution that will make you happy, please feel free contact me directly at the hotel.

Reviewed November 7, 2018 via mobile

I highly recommend Valentines for a delicious lunch at Harbour Island in the Bahamas! We will someday hope to come back. Everyone is friendly and the food was amazing. We took a three hour ferry from Nassau to this island for the day and then another three hours to get back to our hotel at Atlantis in the Cove! This island has pick sand and easy to get around with a golf cart we rented to the day.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you for dining with us.

Reviewed October 22, 2018 via mobile

We stayed 1 night having flown over from Nassau for a quick look at Harbour Island. From the minute we arrived they were really helpful and friendly. Room was really comfortable and spacious. Food was great and the Austrian chef very accommodating. The highlight though was that they managed at short notice to organise us a private trip to Spanish Wells for the swimming pigs. Went out of their way to help us and it was such a great experience. Even though we weren’t there long we fell in love with Harbour Island and Valentine’s was a big part of that. Even have the best coffee shop ever!!

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Beth W, Manager at Valentines Resort and Marina, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We hope you to greet you in the future and of course for a much longer stay.