All reviews meal plan beautiful beach reef fishing screened in porch southern air conch bar dean's blue hole rented a car sandy cay talcum powder stella maris conch fritters paddle boards columbus monument bug spray remote island breakfast and dinner
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

"Idyllic" is the word for the Cape Santa Maria Beach Resort, where we just spent four delightful days. Our modern, beautifully appointed villa sat directly on one of the most beautiful white-sand beaches you'll ever see. The color of the multi-hued, shimmering water was unbelievable. Sunsets were spectacular. There were no crowds -- just plenty of room to spread out with a few other discriminating guests who, like us, enjoyed lolling in the soothing water when not making use of the kayaks, paddle boards, snorkeling gear and Hobie Cats. (Bikes are available, too!)

The resort has a central open-air bar and restaurant in a central "main house" designed in classic Caribbean style, with an intimate patio and gazebo by the water out front. (We recommend the savory conch fritters at cocktail hour!)The menu offerings were varied and quite tasty, ranging from Bahamian specialties to more familiar international cuisine. The entire Bahamian staff was friendly. Managers Matt and Darby were exceptionally personable, making us feel like we were valued guests in *their* home, while going above and beyond in attention and service. We definitely will return to Cape Santa Maria!

Date of stay: November 2018
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Great place to relax. Beach is spectacular and right outside your door. Villas offer first class accommodations. Best staff in the Bahamas, both friendly and efficient.. Food quality and service needs to be improved.

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed October 8, 2018

We came here with our 18 yr old and another family with teenagers after 3 days in Atlantis. My son loved Atlantis and all its many activities. I had picked to go to Cape Santa Maria for me as "down time". Surprisingly, he loved it as well! Different perks here.

#1 is the beach cove. Simply amazing. This small boutique hotel has something like 32 rooms max. The entire fabulous cove is ONLY for them. The beach had at most maybe 15 people on it at the most during "peak" time... but usually only a 5-6. The sand was like talcum powder. The closest comparison to best beach we have seen was Grace Bay in Turks and Caicos. This beat it, hands down.

The staff: the managers Matt and Darby were AMAZING. They went above and beyond to get us tours and keep our group of 8 entertained. Darby even drove us in her car to a nearby new restaurant! The only negative would be the other staff like bartenders... they were definitely on their own pace and didn't greet us upon walking up. Kind of ignored us until they were ready. But I think that was their culture.

Be warned about the bugs!! The Noseeums were everywhere.
We got bit badly. Suggest that 2 weeks before you go, start taking B complex vitamins and garlic pills. Will help them not like you as much. Our bungalow had louvered doors leading out to the lanai, so bugs bit us inside as well. (Bad design) If you can afford a villa, they were gorgeous big, and brand new... highly recommend instead of bungalow. No bugs in them!

Reef fishing: the two dads took their two boys for a 4 hour fishing trip right off the beach. Darby set us up... they had two guides on the boat and they knew where to go. They caught a ton of fish. Darby arranged for the fish to be cooked (4 different ways) and fed our group of 8 that night at the restaurant... our BEST meal there. Amazing. Highly recommend doing this fishing trip. Easy and no-stress for even non-fisherman, but you catch the fish, not the captain. (Which is typical on some chartered trips.) Note, the boat only held four plus the captains.

Highly recommend as best resort on Long Island.

Room tip: Villas are the best... new, huge, clean, and NO BUGS. If you can afford, get one.
Date of stay: June 2018
4  Thank Anabel S
Reviewed August 29, 2018

We traveled to Long Island to in hopes of finding the "perfect beach". Cape Santa Maria was literally something out of my dreams. In my opinion, this is the "perfect beach"
The sand is crazy soft and the water - oh the water - is as crystal clear as it gets. We paddled boarded to this gorgeous lagoon right "around the bend" from the bungalows
(you can walk there too) and I thought, "only heaven could be better".

The restaurant was good, we enjoyed our food very much. I miss my morning oatmeal overlooking the turquoise sea. We also ate at Lighthouse Point in Clarence Town based on a recommendation from CSM on our excursion to Dean's Blue Hole. Either I was really hungry or this was one of the best burgers I have ever had!

Dean's Blue Hole was majestic ! I LOVED it. We were totally alone when we arrived, but soon after a known free dive came to train for an upcoming competition. It was wild watching him dive. A definite must for adventurous travelers.

I want to echo the other reviewers comments about how AWESOME Matt and Darby are.
I have never felt so welcome at a resort. Thank you!

I also want to give a shout out to Breanda. She gave us a tour of the villas right before we left as I was already dreaming about our next visit. What a kind and lovely person! As she hugged us goodbye, I knew in my heart that we would be back. Thank you, Breanda!

I don't usually write reviews, but I felt compelled to this time - only if to share this beach with other people.

Thanks again CSM, for simply an incredible vacation and the being our answer for the "perfect beach".
xo

Date of stay: August 2018
7  Thank kikinic68
Reviewed August 28, 2018

The beach and water are amazing. The scuba diving is very limited. The staff are very nice an accommodating. The food is good but they are dependent on the timing of the supply boats. The no seeums can be a challenge at sunset. If they had drink service on the beach it would improve the experience. Overall it was a great trip and very relaxing.

Date of stay: August 2018