Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Gary S
Stony Plain, Canada

Very friendly staff.... good service

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Mar 16, 2022
Stayed 28 days.... room was good..... specialty restaurants' superb... buffets average.... care not taken in prep thought....ie. un pealed shrimp in tomato sauce, very messy to peel. Liked the idea of differant nations foods most nights There was an issue with the hotels choice of Tour company pasted below
MaxiTravel
Travel agency
PLACE DETAILS

Gary Saidler

a minute ago
Spent the month of February at the Barcelo in Huatulco, because of their WestJet affiliation I booked 6 tours over the month. The rep was very friendly but could have rated the tours on physical endurance, "walking shoes" wasn't adequate. I have a permanent disability (spinal Stenosis) which pinches the nerves in my back and causes weak legs, normally I endure but had a difficult time on these tours due to the amount of walking. I managed four of the tours and had to cancel the last two, when I approached the rep he said I needed a medical letter to get a refund, now to get a medical letter (clearly stated on ticket) for this in Mexico would have cost much more than the refund. When I got home I emailed Maxi Travel 7 days ago and haven't heard a word. Now forced to review on social media so that other seniors in my position dont get caught. The drivers were very friendly and knowledgeable, the tours very informative for the most part but very rugged.
Date of stay: February 2022
  • Trip.com
4.5 km from Hotel Huatulco Maxico
Pool
View more hotels in La Crucecita
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed November 14, 2019 via mobile

This is a quiet well kept little hotel.
Our room was big and very clean the beds are new and extremely comfortable. They constantly had staff working at cleaning and up-grades, non of which was noisy and intrusive. It looks like they have brand new suites which I am going to ask to see and will update on. The pool is nice and there is a mixture of sun and shade all day.
There is a restaurant right by the hotel, the food is delicious and a great price it is called Bossanova. They were having problems with their internet, we could get it by the pool but not in our room. They were aware of this and were working on fixing the problem, we were in room #5.
They did not have coffee in the room which was not a problem for us as Nikos Organic Cafe was 2 blocks away.
We paid $70cad for a room with a king bed.

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 9, 2019

The price and location was good. Everyone was so friendly and helpful. Nice pool. Nice room. I loved the location because I could walk to Santa Cruz beach and it was central to many of the other beaches and close to Cruccecita. For more details hook up to lornashappytravels.com

Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank lornajolson
Reviewed January 27, 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights. Booked the room through booking.com. Liked the hotel location close too the beach. The room is basic and the restaurant is good. But..
When I checked in I was told to pay for the stay. I asked if it was for the entire stay. She told me that it was. When I checked out they told me they forgot to charged me for the taxes and that I hade to pay another 266 pesos. I told them that I asked when I checked in if I payed for everything and that they confirmed. It’s okei to do a mistake , but then you have to take the cost of that and learn. As a guest you have to pay for thing you break even it’s a mistake, so that’s what the hotel should do as well. I didn’t have any more pesos left except for my taxi. They called booking.com and the lady I talk with was very rude. She told me I had to pay it and it wasn’t that much. I don’t care how much it is, for some people it’s much and for another not. It’s all about the principle! To get away I payed them in dollars. They even gave me three dollars to little back. I travel a lot 220-300 night a year in hotels. I never experienced this before, and I will never use booking.com again.

Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank snowfake
Reviewed January 22, 2018

Humble rooms but very clean, air conditioner that is neccessary in that part of Mexico, hot water, the staff is friendly and helpful, few steps from the beach and within minutes to the town Crucecita where is full of restaurantes American and local food, small town quiet and very peaceful.

Room tip: Is in a small quadrant so any room would be good.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ginhenna
Reviewed January 21, 2018 via mobile

We stayed at the Huatualco maxcio after a 2 week trek and we enjoyed our stay. The staff is very helpful, professional and nice. The rooms are big and comfy. The view is stunning and the location is great (next to the shops and restaurants).
We would stay again next time we head to maxcio hotel huatulco ...

Trip type: Travelled solo