US$125
US$166
Hilton.com
US$165
Hotels.com
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed December 20, 2014 via mobile

We had our Christmas party there. Everyone was excited to go... but then we got there and it wasn't as much fun. I was disappointed. The horses tour was really short. The animals in the small farm looked sad and crammed together. The bunnies broke my heart. The spot were we had our tables was.. eh.. The bathroom were a complete mess and had no soap or paper when we arrived. But what was a REAL disappointment to me was the food. Christmas food is one of the main things at a Puertorrican party and it was cold, dry and not tasty at all. The fritters were the only good thing. Definitely needs a lot of improvements. The staff was nice to us. The weather was nice too. Fix the food and the entertainment... and more space/ better care for the animals and it could be a good spot for people looking for a quiet retreat.

Stayed: December 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Marisabel S
Luz I, Front Office Manager at Parador Villas Sotomayor, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2014

Our guest’s reviews are very important to us because is the only way we can improve the service we offer. For the bathroom maintenance the schedule time between services has been shortened, in the farm we have our private vet that comes every 2 months and our animals are fed twice a day we add more employees for the maintenance of the area. Every private activity that we host selects the amount of amenities and the length of them depends of the package they choose. when the horseback riding is included, the rides length depend of the total of persons. Our Meson Gastronomico Restaurant Las Garzas has been a focal point for companies to repeat their christmas partys each year, in some cases for eleven years and above. , food has been always the most people like of all we offer, by some means different persons have different preferences.We aprecciate your time to review our property. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

Reviewed August 8, 2014

We spent four nights here in July 2014 and really enjoyed it. The grounds are beautiful and quiet. The staff were very friendly, especially in the restaurant. The food was very good. Our room was a pretty barren cement box, but we had one of the smallest rooms. It was clean but could have benefitted from a little more storage. The air conditioning worked well. It was very easy to find from Highway 52 at Ponce - just look for the parador symbol. It's a short drive - or long walk - to a large grocery store in Adjuntas, and the room has a fridge and microwave. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Some rooms have doors or windows on multiple sides so would have better ventilation.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BornReisende
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Went on vaction with the family, just went to spend the day, did not stay at the villas. Food was goo, but service was not. we sat at the table and the waitress took her time to get to us. we had to go to the bar a few times to get her, but she was eating. the food once it did come was delish. the pool was beautiful and so were the grounds. They have a baskeball court and playground. The Cantina, which is in the back had great drinks. Had a great time except for the waitress part. The Bartender at the bar was friendly and super sweet and I could not believe the drink prices! super deals!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank jazlin0523
Reviewed July 30, 2014

We went to this place for lunch to greet our daughter and her family who came from Chicago. What a disappointment this experience was. The waitress treated us courteously and diligently. She was very friendly indeed. However, the food we ordered was cold, salty, and the meat was hard. My mother in law ordered "Vianda con Bacalao" and was astonished to see just a few pieces of vianda and lots of onions, but very little bacalao. I had my food warmed in a microwave and that made the food taste worst. We then complained to the waitress who brought up our complaint to the manager. She returned with a message from the assistant manager who claimed that she personally went to the kitchen and all the food was hot. That is, we were lying? She refused to come personally to attend to our complaints. How rude and unprofessional. We ended up paying for the nasty food. You people made money with us, but rest assure that you did not make a customer. I know you will defend your place and will refute our claims, but that's all you do with negative reviews anyways, right? Not recommended for dining.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
8  Thank Roberto M
Luz I, Front Office Manager at Parador Villas Sotomayor, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2014

Above all, thank for your review. This helps us strengthen our quality standards, service and goals. Every day we urge our visitors and guest to fill out our suggestions sheet, this helps us know what is right and what we need to improve on. As you mentioned our waiter was courteous, diligent and friendly which is what we want for all the personnel to be. If you have any other suggestion, we would appreciate to let them know to us.

Reviewed July 7, 2014

One word. Superb. I come here several times a year. I'm a local and have been everywhere in my blessed island. So I can compare because I've been literally everywhere. So when my stress builds up, and I feel like I want to explode and kill someone.... I book a weekend at Villas de Sotomayor and it all goes away. The staff makes you feel like you are part of the family. Which is important because it is run by Jun and his family, so you are really being added.... Gisela, his sister, has no equal in the restaurant or the bar where she makes a goal to serve you as if you were the only one there. Luz, in the reception and overall administration, handles every detail with an efficiency many big companies would envy. The food, excellent. The cleanliness in the rooms, deserve 5 stars. The place... it invites you to relax and forget and just enjoy being alive. And the town, friendly, beautiful, takes you in and spells you to come back. Close by the lake and the forest... the horse rides,.. the always nice weather. And the price tells you that you don't have to go to one of those over-expensive hotels in San Juan to enjoy what Puerto Rico has to offer. My favorite place in this enchanted island. Period.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jesus R
Luz I, Front Office Manager at Parador Villas Sotomayor, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2017

Thank you, is an honor to have you here, we really appreciate every one of our guest, our goal is make every and each one happy.