“Our last dinner in Tuscany - nice neighborhood place”

Ristorante da Buzzanca
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Groups, Romantic, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed April 19, 2017

Food was top notch. Waiter split the bill for the 9 of us between the two families, and willingly shared dishes. Only complaint was the extreme slowness with which the bill was brought.

Reviewed November 19, 2016 via mobile

A warm and welcoming restaurant with the friendliest people. I asked Marcello what he would eat if he were me and was treated to wonderful food and Chianti. Great value and I shall return as soon as possible.

Reviewed November 9, 2016

We first ate at da Buzzanca five years ago and had a wonderful time enjoying good food in a fabulous setting among locals and tourists. When we returned in October 2016, it was the first restaurant we ate at, but something had changed. It was the same time of year, day of the week and time in the evening but the restaurant was empty, only two other tables occupied. Many items on the menu were crossed out as not longer being offered. When telephoning, reservations were strongly encouraged, yet clearly not necessary. My wife and I both wondered what happened, where were the people and why was the menu so limited? I will say that a special for that day was a pumpkin soup which my wife thoroughly enjoyed. Overall, the food was still good, but limited. And the empty tables did a great disservice to what is a terrific old stone building - a great atmosphere for a restaurant. Hopefully, our evening was the exception, but I still do not understand why many menu items are no longer available.

Reviewed October 9, 2016

The restaurant is in a wonderful setting; its in a 300 year old beautiful stone building which has a stream through a cavern in the basement (it was once used as a winery). Good menu, everything is well-prepared. Great value for the money. Service is friendly, personable, comfortable and very friendly; it was like being greeted by old friends. Good wine selection -- local Tuscan wines. Make sure to try the pear cake with chocolate sauce.

Reviewed September 21, 2016

We ate here twice in one week, it was that good! Share the appetizers, they are big. The first plate of pasta was generally enough for me for the rest of my dinner.