The hotel was very relaxed, and felt very old world, but in a quaint way. The style of decor in general was mock tudor, which was twee but reasonably tasteful. The decor of the rooms was similarly clasic in style, but modern and functional. I quite liked the four poster bed! My only real criticism of the bedrooms was the very flimsy door locks to the balcony; I made quite sure that my valuables were locked in the room safe.
The location is great in general, but the initial view which should have been over the lush greens of the golf course, was let down by the fact that the golf course is in the process of being re-turfed, and so instead of lush green, we looked out on to a see of unattractive muddy grown. The road outside the hotel is the main road through the Cameron Highlands and can see a relative number of lorries rumbling through during the night (I advise ear plugs).
The bar and restaurant offered good food, and decent service. The high tea is a luxury, which is probably over the top, but did feel quite good fun to do. The bar was let down by the fact that the full size snooker table did not have a full set of balls.
The roads to and from the Cameron Highlands are narrow and mountainous. It is a long drive from KL or Penang. If you don't like twisty mountain roads, then think carefully about how you might get here. The Hotel organised taxi drivers for us at a reasonable price, however their driving skills weren't up to UK standards!!!
There is no pool, but a small functional open air gym (also a good spot to liberate more complimentary bottled water!).
The Highlands get chilly in the evenings, so pack a jumper (or reserve the sofas next to the fireplace in the library)!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set amidst tea plantations and rolling hills, this boutique hideaway promises all the splendour, romance and nostalgia of Cameron Highlands’ grand colonial heritage.Tall French doors, timber-beamed ceilings and plantation shutters add colonial charm and a touch of nostalgia to our rooms.Enjoy a refreshing round of golf, a pink-cheeked ramble along jungle trails, or a leisurely walk through tea plantations and strawberry farms. To recover, you can have a cup of tea in the drawing room, or a tea bath at the Spa Village, or you may simply choose to spend the day curled up with a good book by the fireplace.Cameron Highlands Resort is situated on the largest hill retreat in Malaysia, surrounded by breathtaking scenery, lush greenery, rolling hills and Tudor-styled cottages. The luxurious boutique Resort features 56 beautifully-appointed rooms and suites, and fronts Cameron Highlands' 18-hole golf course. It also houses the third wellness centre of the award-winning Spa Village group, which offers exotic treatments focusing on the healing and restorative properties of tea. Located in the state of Pahang, approximately 200 kilometres north of Kuala Lumpur, Cameron Highlands is a beautiful holiday destination and the only place where you can find tea plantations and strawberries in Malaysia. At about 1,500 metres above sea level, it is the highest area on the mainland and enjoys a cool climate and fresh air, with temperatures ranging between 15° and 25° Celsius. Much of the character of the highlands remains unchanged since colonial times. It is endearingly known to some as the 'little corner of England in Asia'. The cool climate on the picturesque plateau and its surrounding hills and forest make this a popular retreat for golfing, jungle trekking and exploration of the many plantations and gardens. Cameron Highlands Resort is ideal all year round for families, honeymooners and holidaymakers out to satiate their appetites for trails, tales and tradition. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Travelocity.ca, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Cameron Highlands Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cameron Highlands Hotel Tanah Rata
- Cameron Highlands Resort Tanah Rata