The location of this guesthouse is stunning, but the actual guesthouse is old and poorly maintained. I believe they are either closing down or renovating so maybe things will change. My fiance and I stayed in a private room, which was very basic. The sheets and pillows did not smell clean. The bathroom was very cold as they kept all of the windows open, so there were lots of bugs inside. There is also barely any hot water and everything in the bathroom is broken. I found the staff to be quite rude and not the most helpful. We did book a tour through the guesthouse, which was very good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fathers Guesthouse is situated 2 minutes walk to Tanah Rata town/ Unititi Express bus stop. Located across the road from Maybank, behind Twin Pines Chalets. Close to shops, restaurants, banks, money changer, and pharmacy and laundry service. Clean, cozy, affordable and comfortable rooms, friendly service and ideal + peaceful location, make it the place to stay for backpackers & budget travellers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Travelocity.ca so you can book your Father's Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Father`s Guest House Hotel Tanah Rata
- Father's Guest House Cameron Highlands/Tanah Rata