“Great Thai food”

Ao Nang Cuisine
Ranked #145 of 314 Restaurants in Ao Nang
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 24 October 2017 via mobile

Great restaurant with yummy food. Thai owned, staffed and run. Clean, very well priced and friendly.

Reviewed 5 October 2017

I arrived on a Saturday morning while the place was mostly empty and the venue looked spotless and the staff were all smiling without pressurising me to enter as most touts do on Beach Road and or Ao Nang Main Road.
The service was prompt and in English.
I ordered the Papaya Salad but was not asked the strength of Chilli as is normally the case in Thailand.
The salad arrived and was quite huge easily to share as a starter.
It was FRESH, VERY SPICY and delicious with equal amounts of sweet, sour & spicyness. The ingredients were crunchy, fresh & well spiced.
I was offered a drink and opted for the Orange Juice which was not a freshly squeezed one which is hard in Thailand but neverthless a very good version of an orange juice.
Once during the meal which I decided to extend to enjoy was I asked if all was ok which I replied in the positive.
During my +2hours more guest arrived.
This was indeed the best Papaya Salad I have eaten ever, anywhere.
Service and Food was excellent.
I was disappointed when I retuned on Sunday that the venue was closed.
The Ladies from the massage parlour next door informed me that the venue is closed Sundays.
This is never mentioned anywhere and I would mention this BOLDLY at minimum on the menu.
Being from South Africa I was pleasantly surprised to see they served a popular South African alcoholic beverage that was well priced for Ao Nang.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

We ordered all Thai dishes and they tasted as expected though the Ao Nang Special Fried Rice that tasty good was more like a de-coloured pineapple rice. Tom Yum gung was sufficiently sour and the morning glory was good. The mango sticky rice could do with a bigger serving and the Panang chicken was a tad more dilute than what we normally ate. Pricing was as expected in the tourism belt of Ao Nang. Staff were friendly and responsive.

Reviewed 8 July 2017 via mobile

This place was thr worst experience in Thailand this year for us.

Service was mediocre, food was not good at all and they never heard that "Wiener schnitzel" is PORK AND NOT BEEF! I understand muslims do not eat pork, but if you write Wiener Schnitzel on menue please notice it is made with beef which most of children will in not like in 99% (and who else would eat wiener in Thailand anyhow...).

My suggestion is to go somewhere else, there are plenty of options.

Reviewed 30 June 2017 via mobile

It's small joint ..... It serves aonang cuisine..... We tried the whole fish in pepper garlic sauce, chicken satay, Thai chicken fried rice, prawns etc...... It was awesome and the best part is inspire of so much food and beer the bill was barely 1000 Bhat. It's definitely worth it. Strongly recommended.