“PLEASE, DO NOT STAY THIS HOTEL”
Review of Swiss Chalet

Swiss Chalet
Ranked #106 of 348 Restaurants in Ao Nang
Price range: US$2 - US$14
Cuisines: German, Swiss, Thai, International
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Description: Now the Swiss Chalet is no longer a restaurant. We sell drinks exclusively.
Reviewed July 15, 2018 via mobile

Hello, I’m a person who is traveling around the world.
I've traveled the world and traveled to many hotels,But I've never experienced such poor security and safety of my belongings.
While we were touring the Hong Islands, someone stole a decent amount of US dollars and Thailand baht from my bag which was left in my room.
If you want to avoid making bad memories while in Krabi, I recommend that you stay at a hotel which is more safe and secure.

* When I found this hotel again with a policeman, The hotel owner( a Swiss ) suddenly drank. And he smoked. He swore a lot, and even tried to hit me. ( I’m a woman and He is very, very large. He threatened me. ) The police officer saw him try to hit me.

When i contacted them on Facebook, they ignored me. And he blacklisted me.

PLEASE, Don't be fooled by the trick.

안녕하세요 저는 세계일주를 하고 있는 사람 입니다.
세계를 여행 하며 수 많은 숙소를 다녔지만 이렇게 보안이 취약한 곳은 처음 겪어봅니다.
홍섬 투어를 다녀오는 동안 달러와 바트를 훔쳐갔습니다.
여행 와서 나쁜 기억을 남기고 싶지 않으면 보안이 조금 더 철저한 숙소를 가시길 추천 드립니다.

* 먼저 경찰과 오기 이전에 페이스북으로 주인과 연락을 했지만 그들은 자기 호텔들이 안전하다는 말만 두 차례 보낸 후 저를 갑자기 차단 시켰습니다. 그 이후 경찰과 함께 호텔에 갔을 때 호텔 주인인 스위스 사람이 갑자기 술을 마시고 담배를 피더니 저에게 쌍욕을 하고 저를 때리려고 했습니다. (그 사람은 덩치가 엄청났음) 저는 그들과 이야기가 안된다는것을 알기에 그들에게 아무 말 하지 않았는데 오자마자 저를 보자마자 때리려고 함; 이 모습을 경찰들도 다 보았습니다.

기본 예의가 안 된 스스로 분노 컨트롤이 안되는 주인이 있는곳은 전혀 안전하지 않다고 생각 합니다.

Reviewed March 11, 2018

We always pop in here for a few beers every time we visit Ao Nang. Friendly happy staff, sports on TV, cold beers and cocktails.
Also a good contact point for organising trips in and around Krabi. The staff speak good English and will look after you.... i recommend the rafting for some adrenaline fun.
Thanks to the staff!

1  Thank UbonJames
Reviewed February 19, 2018 via mobile

This place is just too too old. Everything is breaking just on your eyes. It doesn’t even look like all those new small nice hotels around here. In this place even they couldn’t put the cover for the lamp. Also They built the hotel just next to this one, so either your window will face the street or it will face the wall. Taking shower seems here like a fighting with it, it’s old plastic shower, that is not fixed properly. From the pluses the place is clean, bed is big, there is a big old wardrobe as well. All seems here like in a grandma’s house. There are many new hotels around like chick and chill and silver sands and areetara (in case u book in advance), they are much nicer. Even the Toto residence is much better then this place.

BernDudi, Inhaber at Swiss Chalet, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2018

Too bad that you did not like it with us.
Most of our guests stay longer than they originally booked with an online provider.
In the high season we have many guests the 1 - 3 months booked with us. Because they know and appreciate us and the locality.
Certainly not everything is perfect and brand new. But unlike other hotels operated by Thai owners, we are renovating a bit each year.
Unfortunately we can not replace the furniture every year. These have a good quality and should last 15 years. At the moment these are between 0 - 9 years old. Important is also the price-performance ratio. And with this we always have the best ratings.

I hope you enjoyed your stay in Ao Nang, in our center hotel, nevertheless.

Reviewed February 16, 2018

i dont know, maybe we just got unlucky.

after talking to various tour operators in Ao nang we returned to Swiss Chalet because we liked the knowledgeable lady we talked to and she seemed professional and trust worthy. we booked a private 4 island tours from her, for 2 persons for 2700 baht (pick up from Railay west) and i specifically asked if this price included lunch, so we'd know how to prepare. we were reassured 2 times that it was including lunch, water, fresh fruits (the exact quote) but didnt include the national park tax which was another 800 baht for 2 persons (the national park tax is what i a presume another profitable scheme, we did many tours and not once have we seen the boat men paying anything to anyone, although thats the first thing they do when you step on your boat: collect the national park fee!!!!)

pick up was on time, at 8:00 am, and the boat man took us first to Poda island. we were there early in the morning which was nice, however he left us somewhere on a far side of the island, precisely to avoid contact with the island rangers who might have asked him for the fee (we had paid the fee to the boatman already) and he told us we can stay there only 1hour 30 min, which was odd for a private tour where i can decide where and how much i want to spend in a certain place.

after Poda we were rushed to Chicken and Tup, and then just left on the shores of Pra Nang beach, where he waived us goodbye at exactly 12:00 in the afternoon. NO LUNCH, NO FRUITS, and no drop off ( we had to walk all the way back to Railay, so he basically left us somewhere else entirely from where he picked us u, and he didnt seem to give a damn about it!!). He spoke almost no English and left in a hurry. We barely understood what happened and there was no point in arguing with him. So for 2700 baht + 800 baht national park fee which lets be honest, it was money in his pocket, i would consider the whole experience a total rip off.......the swiss chalet company should have a better control on who they decide to work with. i'd rather think it was a third party guilt, not that they are knowingly sending clients on crappy tours

1  Thank Claudia P
Reviewed January 2, 2018

Excellent room budget hotel for single or couple, room is Clean well entertain with a Clear TV English Chanel's Panel ! in Thailand its a luxe! few hotels budget do English TV! nice staff nice owner a overall do not hesitate to Book and go there ! one of the Best Budget hotel in Ao -nang and well situated ! Cheers to the Boss ! ED

1  Thank Erick D
Roland D, Inhaber at Swiss Chalet, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2018

Thank you very much for so many nice words.
We try to do our best every day.
You make me and my staff proud!

I hope we see you again.

Roland