“Don't Stay - dangerous”

Ranked #104 of 108 Hotels in Ao Nang
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Don't Stay - dangerous”
Reviewed 22 March 2012

I stayed with my fly at this hotel and experience at night mare. i strongly suggest everyone not to stay there. We was threatened to pay at check in for 2 room, and if not our passport will be taken away. Then when we went for a walk a beach and shopping, one of the staffs who definitely looked like a gangster followed us. The room and toilet was horrible. The lady boss, kept pushing us to buy tour packages and when we refused, she showed anger to my fly members. Breakfast was promised but then the staffs denied the next morning.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
7 Thank neshnair

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 March 2011

Upon check in, the owner, a preening and menacing ageing rocker, tended to his wispy straw pony tail in the mirror, while his uranium-eyed ‘Hound of the Baskervilles’ zombie wife barked what appeared to be abuse in our general direction. The room was a short trek through a building site (the restaurant) past dozens of other rooms, curiously bereft of any signs of habitation.

Honestly, we weren’t expecting the moon, but this place was pretty bad. We plugged the gaping holes in the insect mesh with bogroll, and I could handle the dodgy light fitting in the bathroom – I mean, this is Thailand, after all. And to be fair it was only a short stroll down the road towards the Andaman Benidorm that is Ao Nang (which is not without its charms, despite being seriously overpriced). What really got to me was the general air of neglect and horror-movie chill to the whole place. The effect of the lurid blue frilled curtains against the grimy walls and the supplied ‘Dumbo’ blanket was just too creepy for words, and brought to mind a sort of cross between ‘Toy Story’ and ‘Saw’. Not for the faint of heart.

I would advise you to avoid the place at all costs, but I suspect that they thrive on walk-ins who haven’t done any research – in which case you’ll only be reading this if you’ve already checked out. In which case, you should be happy that you survived the night?

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Matts_Reviews

Travellers are raving about these Ao Nang hotels

Stavanger, Norway
Reviewed 5 February 2011

After a longer stay in Indonesia, I went travelling with friends round in Thailand. After staying for a few days in Koh Phi Phi Don, we went to Ao Nang, and booked a few nights in Nong Eed House. The troubles already started the day we came there - the staff was very unfriendly and was trying to make us buy trips from them while we were checking in! We told them several times that we were not, under any circumstances, interested in booking anything, which made them very upset with us, and then changing to a hostile behavior. Finally, after about 30 minutes, we were finally showed to our rooms. We dropped our luggage and left for dinner, and got back round 9 PM in the evening. Then, we noticed that the room, which I shared with three of the other six girls, was not clean in the bathroom and there were crawling cockroaches there. We tried to go to the reception to ask for a different room, but by the time, it was closed.
We approached them the next morning asking for a new room, and that we would have no problems if it was a smaller room, and they could just keep the money if the room we switched to would be cheaper. They refused, and demanded us to pay more money - thank heavens I was leaving the very next day!!!
Another thing to mention is that in the description of the hotel on their own website, it is stated that our stay was including breakfast - which was non-existing! Also, the website informs that the "hotel" or whatever you can call it, also had a pool - for your information it is a pool filled with 15-20cm of mud and frogs!
I would rather sleep on rocky ground in a cave than go to this place!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank t_p_ribland
Bangkok
Reviewed 16 April 2010

Please do not stay here! Money stolen from room and safety deposit box, rocks thrown at guest's heads by staff when they complain. Staff extremly rude and couldn't care less. We left after being threatened by staff and informed by locals that it is run by the mafia.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with friends
3 Thank rosh2
Australia
Reviewed 14 April 2010

The hotel is very dodgy and money and things are stolen from the rooms at all times and the safety deposit boxes.( IS an inside job and staff are very dodgy) The owner is rude and doesnt listen when things happen.

Rooms are very basic, dirty and musky smelling. For your own safety do not stay here, we moved out to another hotel after money was taken and the owner was really rude! THe beds are so uncomfortable as you can feel the springs of the mattresses.

• Stayed April 2010
3 Thank AussieAlexAustralia
Burnaby, Canada
Reviewed 3 March 2007

Candadian Traveler

I had to stay somewhere in Ao Nang during the Chinese New Year, which was a very busy time for this area and nearly all hotels were full to capacity. There were some people who stayed out on the streets it was so overcrowded. I went up and down the street and the only place I found with a room was the Nong Eed. That should have been a clue. The room was musty smelling & not too clean. The shower was a danger blasting out boiling hot water in an instant giving me a serious burn to my chest. The room was full of mosquitos because the door was left open by staff as well as an opening through the bathroom window. The breakfast was small. Two small pieces of toast two small eggs and a cup of instant coffee. This sounds like I am a big complainer but I am not really. If I paid 500 to 800THB I would expect this type of room and deal with it. We paid 3000 THB. What a joke! I stayed in several resorts that were far superior and in far nicer areas such as Phi Phi , Ko Lanta & Railay for half the price for three times the quality.
My advice is that unless you are in jeporday of sleeping in the streets which is marginally worse than this place, don't do it!

Stayed February 2007