See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed May 19, 2015

The advantage is location wise very good. Close to the beach and close to heaps of restaurants at the main road. Lovely garden, peaceful and nice pool.
The disadvantage is service, No toilet accessories replaced. rooms need to be upgrade is too old furniture...Can understand the hotel is under construction.

Room Tip: best surrounding, quiet and comfortable, especially the pool view
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 17, 2015

It's the third time we stayed in Somkiet Buri. Probably sadly the last time. Its just such a shame as the garden and the pool are so beautiful and the price is very reasonable. The hotel is located very good as well. Close to the beach and close to heaps of restaurants at the main road.

The reason that I give only three points is that the managing and the service is just bad.

When we arrived there was litter lying in front of the room (visibly from a bathroom bin) and the boy who brought us the bags into the room must have seen it and didn't cleaned or organised to remove it. Had to take it away myself as it unnerved me.

The room itsself was clean.

The breakfast was poor. Only bits of food left (one pinapple piece, two half pieces of saussages, 1 banana, no milk for two coffees....). Came around half an hour before the breakfast finished. So should be more left or at least refilled properly.

AC worked well. Nice size room with outlook onto pool, which is surrounded with wonderful tropical plants. Toilet didn't flush well. WIFI slow.

Nice oasis in Ao Nang but to feel the guests welcome and happy, this hotel has to work on a better service.

They are building a big hotel next door so could be loud at the time.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 17, 2015 via mobile

The Somkiet Buri has a lovely garden and nice spacey rooms. Unfortunately there are a couple of points which aren't so good and which are quite important for me. The ladies at the reception are not helpful at all and hardly ever smile. We had a pickup at 1 pm and asked if we could check out a little bit later. She didn't even bother to check the bookings. She just lied into our faces that people are coming after us. And only after that she made the mistake to ask our room number! Horrible attitude as a receptionist. The breakfast was below average. We weren't early but still there wasn't much left and they didn't really bother to bring more fruits for example. Our bathroom is definitely in need of a makeover. The toilet roll holder just fell off as soon as you touched it and the flushing didn't work properly. Another point were the major construction works going on just next door on both sides. It's not their fault but they didn't mention it all when we booked.

Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed May 12, 2015

Firstly the positives. Lovely grounds, peaceful and nice pool rooms and nice pool and good location. Now the negatives. Unfortunately the staff look they do not want to be there. No smiles or hello. The cleaning staff are the worst. We had 5 cleaners come in to do our room. They made the bed and that was it. No tea, coffee, no toilet paper, no bin emptied, no towels replaced, no toilet or bathroom cleaned. It was only when I complained that this was done by a surly sour faced cleaner. Very disappointing. It was not just our room but also my sons room and family friends room.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank michelle b
Reviewed May 9, 2015 via mobile

A few mins walk to aonang beach. So much life and entertainment around. I loved the resort and grounds. The rooms were stunning but a bit dirty. I had to call the staff to clean again and it was a very half hearted sweep. But other than that I very much enjoyed my stay and would recommend it.

Stayed: May 2015, travelled with friends