Ao Nang review
The first thing to note is that this hotel is not in Ao Nang but in a small village 10-15 minutes drive out of town. It is very difficult to find, down a series of narrow lanes off the main road. Make sure you have the phone number for your cab driver to call for directions. Once there make sure you carry the hotel's card when out so your driver will find the way back.
Stayed for one night at the start of the low season and was clearly the only guest staying. The receptionist was welcoming and helpful.
The room was rustic but comfortable. Unfortunately there was a problem with the water heater in the hotel so only cold showers were available. The weather was cold so that wasn't great!
There really is nothing within walking distance of the hotel and with no other guests staying I didn't fancy eating in the hotel. A shuttle service is laid on a few times a day to get into Ao Nang which was also driven by the receptionist who seemed to do everything. The last shuttle is at 6pm so you have to catch a tuk tuk back after dinner which costs TB 100 (make sure you have the hotel's card for directions as it's very dark on the way back).
Skipped breakfast the next day but the hotel dropped me back in town to continue my travels.
The Amandanee is fine if you are looking for a very quiet place, away from all life or if you have your own transport. Otherwise you would be better staying somewhere more central with amenities and beaches to walk to.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A private, serene and unique resort closed to Nopparat Thara Beach surrounding with incredible natural beauty and environments of Nopparat Thara natural park. 50 rooms are building with all comfortable facilities such as an open air spa area, a gorgeous swimming pool with Jacuzzi, pool bar, an outstanding two stories lobby combined with a spacious living area, souvenir shop, library, internet area and an open air restaurant with a distinctive overlooking swimming pool view. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity.ca, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Andamanee Boutique Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Andamanee Boutique Resort And Spa Krabi Hotel Ao Nang
- Andamanee Boutique Resort Krabi/Ao Nang, Thailand
- Andamanee Boutique Hotel Krabi