See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed July 10, 2017 via mobile

I can see why they only have a 2 and a half stars. The place is a little on the old fashioned side but it's what i expected for the star rating. Reasonable price for 2 queens and the office hours are later which was nice seeing as we arrived on the island quite late in the evening. We had a family next door with small kids and they only time we could hear them was when we went to the washroom. Walls where thick enough we didn't hear them while we slept. Couldn't hear the highway traffic as our room was on the back on the motel. I do question their cleaning though. When we arrived there was a bug crawling on the tub. Didn't feel updated as the sign out front stated. Also when we did our checks to make sure we hadent forgotten anything I looked under the bed to find someone else's sock, candy wrappers and a mound of dirt. For this reason I rate this place poor.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Phoenix_2391
Reviewed July 3, 2017 via mobile

Great location at Confederation Bridge, but that causes road noise. Rooms were clean, but the mattress was very uncomfortable. Employees were very accommodating. Property has been renovated, but it still looks dated.

Stayed: July 2017
1  Thank TexasGrannieJ
Reviewed September 9, 2016

We stayed one night at the Carleton Motel and Coffee Shop. We were in room 21, which was in back, so highway noise was not a problem.

We had booked this motel, as it was the only accommodation available in all of PEI that night, for 3 people. The room had 2 single beds and a double bed. It had a fridge, TV, and free WiFi. I did not see a coffee maker or microwave.

The people were friendly, even opening the shortcut door from the office to the back of the motel when I had to carry the ice bags I just bought back to the room.

We had to leave before the coffee shop opened for breakfast, so I can't report about that.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed August 30, 2016

This was an OK place to spend the night. The rooms are clean-ish, but not in a modern clean way (think Alt-Hotel or Days Inn; it is DEFINITELY not comparable to those locations). I had booked through Expedia and I was very upset to find out that this place is non-refundable and non-cancellable. However, they did offer a fridge and a microwave in the room which was nice. I found quite a number of bugs in this location as well, and it is right beside the highway, but somehow it is able to remain fairly quiet. Overall, it's not a bad place to stop if you've just gotten off the Confederation Bridge, but I think there are better options in PEI. Try a local B&B!

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank eevee94
Reviewed August 20, 2016 via mobile

We stayed here for the weekend while on a brief visit to the island. The rooms have had many upgrades and are very comfortable. I can't say enough about how clean they were. We had breakfast at the restaurant and we're pleased to see a full menu. The food and coffee were delicious. It's right by the highway so if you're a light sleeper this may not be the place for you, but it didn't bother any of us. Once the AC was on, you didn't even notice it. The owners are friendly and eager to please.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family