Bridge, Lighthouses & Treats

Book in advance
from
C$136.85
per adult
Check availabilityView full product details

Ways to Experience Confederation Bridge
from C$136.85
More Info
from C$978.20
More Info
All reviews new brunswick prince edward island an engineering marvel northumberland strait nature center parking lot toll cost construction bridge pei fee traffic ice canada speed span
Selected filters
Reviewed March 4, 2019

The bridge is curved, is 8 miles long, and is the longest bridge in the world crossing ice covered water. Toll is collected when leaving PEI?

Date of experience: June 2018
1  Thank PHOTOTRAVELER-4-FUN
Reviewed February 19, 2019

Stopped at the base of the bridge in PEI to view the bridge and take a few photos. Next time we will be travelling over it. Pretty impressive.

Date of experience: October 2018
Reviewed November 12, 2018

It felt as if you were going the wrong way once you left Moncton. You seem to drive for ever and there are few signs indicating you are getting near the bridge. Finally you get there and the drive over the Confederation becomes anti-climatic.

Date of experience: June 2018
1  Thank kenh872
Reviewed November 6, 2018

It was on a Sunday morning when we drove through the Confederation Bridge. The Bridge was long and there was not much traffic on that day. Before we went to the bridge we eat and shop under the bridge. The small mall before the bridge is called Gate Way. We ate at a place famous for its clam chowder. After lunch, we started to drive across the bridge which we had to pay and we were told coming back from New Brunswick is free. On the bridge, there is a speed limit and camera are mounted on the bridge to monitor your speed. As I was driving across to New Brunswick I was admiring the ocean and the birds flying on the bridge. It was a spectacular view what I saw. In my thoughts, I was as if I am driving my car through the water and not on the bridge. I thought who every build this bridge should be commendable, because of its engineering construction was impossible before but now with technology and science approaching the 21 centuries, nothing is impossible. One day I would like to drive the bridge again and feel as if I am sailing through the ocean on my car.

Date of experience: July 2018
Reviewed October 11, 2018 via mobile

The curved, 12.9 kilometre (8 mile) long bridge is the longest in the world crossing ice-covered water, and continues to endure as one of Canada's top engineering achievements of the 20th century.

Definitely exciting crossing the bridge but not much of a view of the bridge itself in a car. They say to take a ferry back to get a view but what would you do with your car ? 🤷🏻‍♀️

$47 toll charge for the bridge