“Not what I was expecting”
Review of Bahia Resort Hotel

and 1 more site!
Bahia Resort Hotel
Ranked #20 of 38 Hotels in Ensenada
Reviewed 26 August 2007

The pool area smells awful, the water is slimey and stinky. We all awoke at 4:45 am when the sprinkler system automatically turns on sending water onto the sliding glass doors - it sounded like a hurricane! The outdated rooms feature a shower curtain that falls off and hits you in the head everytime you open or shut the shower curtain. The boats for rent are outrageously priced, too.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk

So Cal
Reviewed 8 June 2006

I gave this place 2-stars, because it’s not as bad as the Villa Fontana. But it is certainly not a place I would ever recommend or return to.

~Pros~
Location, Location, Location.
Large Balcony.
Bottled Water.
Cheap.

~Cons~
Dirty Carpet
Nasty, Gooey Bedspread (most hotel bedspreads are a little icky, but this one kind of scared me)
Moldy Bathroom, wear sandals.
Grimy walls.
Thin/Cheap Door & Lock
Biggest 6-legged friend I’ve ever seen.
Rock hard beds (I know this is normal, but still I have to mention it)

• Stayed: March 2006
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Rialto
Reviewed 20 February 2006

Checked in on 2/19, got a nice room, 2bd's, roomy. Everything was going great until around midnight. Our room was located on the far south side of the hotel, facing the sidewalk. It was an allll night party from the club across the street. We called the office @ 3:00AM, the attending night manager said the club closed at 5:00AM, he said this room is very noisy at night due to the club. He offered to move us, but with all our belongings out,etc...to much trouble. I figured the day manager may have no choice but to give us a break on the price, since they knew this room ( and side of the hotel ) always gets noisy. No discount, no nothing. Last time I stay at this place..very close to the action, but unless you plan on being out very late, dont stay here. Find others. I learned what to ask next time. Beds, flat and hard as plywood.

Stayed: February 2006
4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 25 September 2005

The Bahia Hotel charged me for 2 other rooms, first night stays. After I cancelled them. They told me I needed 48hours notice. They did not say this when I made reservation. I even had a Suite reserved and kept it.

The Suite was ok, roomy, but had no hot water. I had to take ice cold showers. I informed front desk of this problem at 6am the next morning and nothing was done all day.

Around 8 - 9pm, same night, front desk guy came up and messed with the broken shower handle to try and adjust it so hot water would come out. After 25 minutes he got luke warm water to come out and tell me it was hot water. I adjusted the handle and ice cold water came out again.

I tried to let the front desk know my concerns and felt they should do something about it and they were very uncooperative about it.

So, needless to say my credit card company and I will be disputing the charges. I even sent the Hotel Bahia an email to try and work it out and no response.

Do yourself a favor and look elsewhere first before you try and stay here.

• Stayed: September 2005
5  Thank Davizworld
Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed 27 May 2003

Not a bad place, good location and pretty clean rooms, you can get a good price if you bargain a bit.

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Anaheim Hills, CA
Reviewed 4 September 2002

Bahia was a great experience. They have a friendly and helpful staff, nice restaurant and bar, beautiful gift shop, and plenty of secure parking. Great location, easy to find (just look for the huge mexican flag), it's right on the strip. Many clubs, shops, and restaurants just steps away. 5 blocks from Papa's and Beer. Right accross from several sportfishing landings. This hotel rocks. people partied all night long singing karaoke, dancing, drinking, etc... They had a very fun and lively atmosphere. The rooms were okay, kind of old, but clean. no roaches or other nasty bugs. only complaint was the linens, bring your own sheets, pillows, and comforters, we did. Other than that it was great, for the younger generation that is. Old people who want peace and quiet should stay away. **Theta Delta Beta-Beta Chapter #102

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 28 May 2002

this hotel is 30 years past it's prime and so is its linen and matresses, no drinking water in the rooms, extremly noisy at night try any other place!!!

9  Thank A TripAdvisor Member