“Great, no frills lodging. Nice location as well.”
other travellers have booked this property
Patio Unit 4
Front door to Unit 4 Street side (Republica)
Check Availability
Living Room Unit 2
Bathroom Unit 2
Bedroom Unit 4
bedroom unit 3
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
BCSguy
San Diego, California
“Great, no frills lodging. Nice location as well.”
Reviewed November 24, 2012 for a stay in November 2012
people found this review helpful

Stayed in the #4 one bedroom apartment for a week during the Baja 1000. Don't stay here if you want a fancy place with room service. This is no frills do it yourself style lodging. Very clean and quite location a block off the main drag/bay. Great value as well.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location and price
Travelling group: Solo
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
ON
Reviewed November 24, 2012 for a stay in November 2012

Rugged travelers
Management Response
24 Nov 2012
As one of our guests stated - "Casa Republica has everything you need and nothing you don't" JF Nov 2011
Vancouver B.C. canada
Reviewed October 28, 2012 for a stay in October 2012

Older travelers Rugged travelers
Management Response
28 Oct 2012
Thank you for your review - I have forwarded it on to our property managers so they will be more aware of the cleanliness of the apartment upon check in.
The apartments are not all the same - The unit you stayed in is slightly larger an has the private patio and entrance.
I went back and checked my records and it turns out that you booked the apartment online and you chose unit #4. I will be more aware of that in the future and double check with the guests to make sure they understand the price difference.
Thanks again for staying with us
Shawn and Stephanie

San Diego, California
“Perfecto!”
Reviewed May 31, 2012 for a stay in May 2012
people found this review helpful

I stayed here for two weeks to study Spanish at Se Habla La Paz. The Spanish school is literally next door to this place, and it was perfect for my needs. Cheap ... $30 a night! Close to the Malecon ... two blocks away! Groceries ... five blocks (ten minutes) away! It's on the northern end of the Malecon, so it's also still quiet. Water is also available in the five-gallon format (ten pesos, I think) right around the corner. I did not have a car and ended up walking everywhere.

Ana was fantastic! She met me within ten minutes of arriving at the apartments. We had a problem with the Internet - which I needed for work - and she took care of this immediately for me, even coming back to the property a couple hours later.

Air conditioners work well, which I needed since in May, it was 95-100 degrees daily. Everything was clean. I ended up putting some blue blankets over the windows because I was afraid the window sheets were a little see-through, and it worked perfectly.

There is a security deposit, but I got it back within a week, no problems.

Bottom line, if you are an independent traveler and don't mind cleaning up after yourself, and making your own bed, and need a cheap place, this is it! Highly recommended!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Solo Traveller
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Silvano D'Orba (AL) - ITALY
Reviewed March 28, 2012 for a stay in March 2012

Older travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing