See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed January 22, 2018

In October 2017, I booked the two suites for week in January 2018. I had booked over the phone directly with the hotel. I wrote twice before I got a response asking for a confirmation number. Gabriel answered the second time assuring me he had received my email and sent me a confirmation number, the prices and said to just call if I had any questions. Well—- four of us arrived today and Gabriel himself was at the desk. Had NO rooms, all occupied. I showed him the letter he wrote himself. His response was a shrug. Not even an apology. Fortunately we had a wonderful taxi driver who then took us to a few hotels until we found rooms at a lovely hotel, Posada de la Mision right on the Melecon, where we have suites with a balcony overlooking the Sea of Cortez. I recommend the Posada de la Mision with a very competent young lady working the registration desk. I WOULD NOT suggest taking a chance on the Hotel Lorimar unless you have a backup plan.

Room tip: Book somewhere else!
Date of stay: January 2018
1  Thank Diandfriends
Reviewed December 11, 2017

This is a simple, basic hotel right in the middle of La Paz.
The staff is extremely friendly, helpful and polite. We asked for extra pillows and all sorts of info and the lady at the reception was very helpful.
The building could perhaps do with a little maintenance but everything was clean and our towels were changed every day.
Also the hotel is in an ideal position, 2 minutes from the malecon and all its restaurants, bars and shops.

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Freefred
Reviewed June 21, 2017 via mobile

So if you want a Hyatt style room this is not for you, however walking out the door to see the bay and just steps from all the nightlife ... this hotel has everything you could need at a price that just works great.

Date of stay: June 2017
Reviewed June 19, 2017 via mobile

This place was great place to stay! Everyone was super nice and can't beat the price! It has A/C and wifi and clean sheets. It's small but all we needed was a place to sleep. Highly recommend it! Oh and did I mention it's a block away from the ocean?!!

Date of stay: June 2017
1  Thank Mattnohe24
Reviewed May 23, 2017

This budget hotel has all the creature comforts..... but the real bonus is the location. Once you arrive here, you can park your car, and just see this wonderful city by foot. The marina is just a short walk, and dozens and dozens of restaurants within a 10-15 minute stroll. My favorite is almost next-door. a fish taco joint that is outrageous. Applebees, Carl's Jr., and the downtown eateries are minutes away. The central area is full of shops and businesses. Don't hurry off until you see this great little city. The hotel is priced so you can stay extra long. the staff is great. Enjoy...!

Date of stay: May 2017